1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Hearthstone launches

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 12 Mar 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Lost my gaming time to this over the last few months! Managed to get into the closed beta just before Christmas. I was very surprised with its popularity; constantly one of the top games streamed on twitch - I can only assume popularity will continue to so at once an iPad and Android version is released (sometime this year apparently)

Good game - despite what others may think I don't believe its pay 2 win, bit I admit I did dump £35 on a 40 card pack in a nerd rage moment :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Was it worth it?

I actually only just started up at the weekend after being nagged for months by some friends.

Really enjoying it althought the matchmaking is b******t! My first real game against a player he was whipping out fancy cards left right and centre.

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

It's only partially the matchmaking at fault, as the ranks are reset every month, so even the top ranks guys start at the bottom again, so it's quite possible you were unlucky and bumped into some of them on their way back to the top.
    Also of course those who aren't very good but who've been playing for ages will probably have lots of cards you don't.

I used to play it a bit, got in the closed beta quite a while ago, but haven't really played since Christmas, still watch a bit most days but don't have much desire to play.

5. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

Some of the popular streamers do "free to play" decks only, and they are very high ranks with these free decks.
    I do enjoy the game, but I get pretty annoyed when someone wins by pure luck, but I guess that's part of the game.

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

had a fantastic game earlier - thought I was a gonna in early game (I play druid vs warrior) - but after a couple of board wipes I ground him down. was a good win was happy

7. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

I did get a couple of legendaries and other good cards, but more importantly I was able to dust duplicate cards that allowed me to craft some core cards that seemed to appear in most decks that at the time i didnt have. In that respect, yes it was worth it!

Now HS has launched the seasons are changing so that the frustration of the above is eased. Essentially the lower the rank you achieve in the previous season will give you a headstart in the next season. Eg. If you finish a season at legendary you start the next at level 16 I think.

There's a post on reddit with the exact details - I will dig it out

8. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Although it's been in beta for a while I am suprised they have realised it as it is still pretty buggy.

9. StaticFX

StaticFX What's a Dremel?

they released a large patch (or are going to?) to make some fixes and changes... personally, I found it fun for about a week. Then it really got boring..

10. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Yeah, there was a patch this morning which was around 350mb.

Still buggy though!

11. rollo

rollo Modder

Game is fun to play whilst waiting on league of legends queues. Wether it's a great game if you played it for more than 20 mins.

12. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Still playing and loving HS; had a week away from it to play Titanfall but managed to get a couple of hours of playing in this afternoon.

My druid deck seems to be still be going strong, was able to go from rank 14 down to 8 which I was happy with - I will reach legendary in a season at some point!

How is everyone else getting on?

13. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Just to note; Hearthstone is now available on iPad :)

I only have a android..... :(

14. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

We'll that didn't take long...as per the latest purchase thread I now have an iPad! Anyway....having now spent most of the evening playing HS on the tablet with the native app...it is awesome!

Getting this out was one of the smartest things Blizzard could do I think. It's a joy playing this game sat in the sofa with the telly on (+ the misses is happy!) watching a film or something.

On a side note, impressed with the iPad air battery - lost 20% over a few hours solid HS

Tags: Add Tags