1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards New motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DaveVader, 18 Nov 2008.

1. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

So it looks like I will be ordering a new motherboard tomorrow, I've got about £100 to spend so I'm going for the P45 chipset. It will be used with 800MHz RAM and an E8400, I will be overclocking as far as I can so stability with high volts and Hz is a must.
    The three main players for me are DFI, Gigabyte and Asus. I'm very tempted by the DFI Lanparty DK P45 T2RS but for £20 less there is the Gigabyte EP45 DS3L; and then finally there is the Asus P5Q Pro.

The reason I'm asking is mainly because I'm tight with my money :p. If I can get something for £80 that is just as good as something for £100 then I will chose the cheaper one even if it has less features. I'm not too bothered about features that don't really help with overclocking and the stuff I stated above.

I know DFI OC awesomely but I don't know if I can justify the price tag. Difficult decisions!

2. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

I have installed the P5Q Pro in a number of systems and it is a seriously impressive board, really nice to work with. Unless you are going to be seriously pushing your overclocking, I would go with the Asus.

3. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

I bought the Gigabyte, mainly for the price performance side of things. I'll tell you how I get on!