1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows New to Foobar suggest some plugins plz

Discussion in 'Software' started by MSHunter, 28 Jan 2013.

1. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Like in the title I just started using foobar and would like to know what plug-ins to get and where the settings for plug-ins is (I must be blind sorry).

I hear there is a LAME codec plug-in for MP3.
    is there a good auto-tag plugin?

what ells is there, worth getting.

I want to set it up once and have the ultimate music player :D

Cheers in advance guys :D

2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

If you did a full install of foobar you should've the freedb-addon installed automatically. Just load your tracks, and then rightclick -> tagging -> get tags from freedb. Easy as that.

Also, the Lame MP3-encoder is a standalone plugin, which you can download here. Unpack the .zip to a conveniant location and when you try to encode to a MP3 for the first time using foobar, you'll be asked for the location of the lame.exe.

All the rest is pretty much included with foobar, and I've not installed anything else then the LAME MP3 encoder actually. Other encoders can be downladed as an encoder package from here.

3. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

I did normal install and freedb is not under that menu in mine. Wonder what I did wrong....:wallbash:

4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Normal install won't cut it, you need to do a full install, i.e. install all components. You can aswell choose a custom install and select the freedb-plugin ofc.