1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Vintage cabinet radio/tv PC case

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ShdSteel, 17 Mar 2016.

1. ShdSteel

ShdSteel What's a Dremel?

Hello everyone! Haven't been logged in for some time now but I'm hoping to get back in to the swing of things.

Ever since my last PC build 2 years ago (been building PCs for years now) I've always wanted to do a custom case. As with the new line of GPUs coming out I plan on completely redoing my setup from drives to monitors. My parts list isn't quite complete yet as some of the items have yet to come out, but I do plan on starting work on the case fairly soon.
    Just to note, I plan on going for a surround 1440p or 4K display setup with multiple gpus and all SSD NVMe/PCIe cards.
    As well as having everything important water cooled.

Here is my current PC, mostly all of it will be sold within the coming months for near half off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After pondering ideas for months now, I finally settled on two options after visiting a local antique shop.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The radio cabinets and tv both have sufficient room for me to mount 3 3x3 radiators as well as hardware. The idea is to make it look like the tv or radio is powered by these futuristic hardware, so I'd get some Windows cut and glass placed into the case for a look inside. Refinishing the wood and re treating it as needed as well.

The last picture is of a WW2 era ship to shore radio signaler and I'd love to figure out how to incorporate that into the build, as it has all of the original tube amps. Unsure though if the voltage necessary to cause those large tube amps is dangerous to be around the computer hardware, so there is always the option of replica light bulbs made to look like tube amps.

So, what do you think? Any and all suggestions and criticism is appreciated! I hope to begin on this project soon!

Thank you all.