1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Ft03 mini mod Now with pics

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Archtronics, 18 Aug 2012.

1. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Hey

So ever since the silverstone ft03 I always wished they had a smaller ITX version, my prayers where answered in the form of the silverstone ft03 mini.

The case itself arrived this morning so now is the time to start planning.

Plan of action so far:

Reconfigure the internals to fit a full size psu and two water cooling loops.

The exterior will essentially stay the same as the panels are really good quality as they are. I will be adding a window, new power buttons and some etching.

The main part I will be changing is the plastic top which is rather tacky compared to the rest of the case, I'm hoping to use solid piece of aluminium carved into a steampunk themed design to create a bespoke top with some sought of watch inspired mechanics.

Design themes will be minimalist, mechanical and power.

That's it for now I will be updating the thread with ideas and images soon.

Last edited: 20 Aug 2012
    YEHBABY likes this.
  2. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Right picture:

Not sure why there is so much room for cables and I want to fit a 240 rad in there so cut and filed the inner frame.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reassembled and testing the position of the PSU, Fits perfectly will need the corner cutting off psu possibly.

[​IMG]

Now to reattach the top part so put some paint on the screws to see where to drill.

[​IMG]

Coming up next: Drill and attach top, extend front struts, create panel to enclose PSU area.