My 3rd Antec case Build

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Grizlebeez, 6 Sep 2012.

1. Grizlebeez

Grizlebeez What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

:dremel: This is going to be a scrap meta/jbweld/epoxy/rivet build. my garage is lacking in the power tool department so my hards are gonna suck for the next couple weeks. i had alot of success with my first build but i want to showcase my terrible metal fab skills :thumb: as my first machine was almost all laser cut bits...and as purdy as they are...i didnt make em so its not modding...(atleast in my eyes)

i dont have a concept. well i do... its floating in my brain. :eyebrow:
    I am more a do-er then a planner. i struggle with my hyperactive brain just to focus long enough to type this. yea this has screwed me in the past but i have learned that when you "wing it" you just might make something even cooler then planned, thankfully i have hsf alot more success then failure with this route :clap:

i am a very impatient person and demand alot of myself and my work.my skillset is not as advanced as most peoples here, and my power tool department of the garage is...well, i dont have one. i got a kobalt dremmel, 12v lithium drill, and kobalt saw. but thats why god gave me hands. But i would like to show some of you other poor boys out there like me, that you can make something very awesome while maintaining a fairly low budget.

basic idea is this:
    ~have a very "minimal" look to the build. all satin/matte blacks and carbon di-noc.
    ~remove front bezel and custom fab one out of acrylic/foam/metal that will hold cylindrical Reservoir.
    ~relocate pwr/reset switches to bottom of side panel
    ~ chop out all HDD bays and 5.25s to make room for 240 rad sandwich.
    ~panel off inside of case so only mobo is visible.
    ~chop out access door on right side panel to fit all the guts
    ~ mount 360 rad to top of case with scrap metal mounts and cover
    ~ alot of really cool ideas for tubes, but im not going to share just yet.

i am one poor SOB so this is going to be as cheap as possible. BUT cheap doesnt mean crappy, and i hope to prove that with this build.

Internals:
    are still iffy...like i said I is po',so financially getting a new badass system just isnt going to happen. I have a spare 990fx UD3 board that is going to be used when it gets back from RMA.
    some hyperX ram that will get used. but will have to do shopping for...EVERYTHING else.
    all fans and the PSU are going to be ANTEC cuz i love them and there cheap..er, then most.

Water Cooling:
    I am really liking the Apogee II and at a decent price i think im going to try and get one to see how it does. along with a second pump, ram and gpu blocks will also be in order. going to try to get all swiftech cooling parts as i have never had a problem with any of ther rads cracking on me or any stupid stuff like that.

lighting:
    we aint ther yet.

Stay tuned :rock: