1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony announces The Last of Us Remastered for PS4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 10 Apr 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

So does this mean it's coming out on the PC?

3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Why would it?

4. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Just hoping really. Played it on the ps3 and it was easily one of the best games I have ever played. Period. I was hoping that if they took the time to code it for the PS4, maybe they could tweak it for the PC too? I mean the difference between a PS3 and a PS4 is a ravine when compared to the difference between a PS4 and PC.

Wishful thinking though.

5. SimoomiZ

SimoomiZ What's a Dremel?

AMD say porting games across from PS4 to PC is easier too.

Can't imagine Sony bringing it to MS Windows though. And a SteamOS release isn't really viable with its small install base

Last edited: 11 Apr 2014
  6. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

I'd buy a separate HDD to boot SteamOS onto if it meant I could play games like TLOU! I wouldn't mind swapping out a SATA cable based on which OS I want to use!

7. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

To be honest I doubt it'll come to PC for same reason why Halo (the new releases that is) won't. It's a console defining top game. I know people who bought PS3s for this game, Sony will want to keep it as a reason to buy a PS4. It's annoying from our end, but it makes sense from a business perspective if it helps to ensure a larger install base for the console.

8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Too true! - I did this when GTA San Andreas came out on PS2. I couldn't wait around for the Xbox release, so I went out and bought a PS2 just to play it.