1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs The world of unknown games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 12 Sep 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

I play Xconstruction and Spira defense on Android, they're quite nice.
    On iOS, the latest game I found was Splice, it's somewhat odd but novel which it is quite good. Sworcery on iOS is quite good too, it is a bit strange but nothing looks like it and it manages to create a little world of its own.
    It's nice to see a renewal in the game industry, where it's not all about racing, RPG or FPS...

3. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

Blimey, buying games based purely on the box? I remember doing that. It was 1993, and the game was Legacy by Microprose. It wasn't great, but UFO: Enemy Unknown was, as was Master of Orion, Civilisation, Master of Magic, F117-A and F19 Stealth Fighter. The early nineties were great, and Microprose was a great developer/publisher.

4. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

I remember doing that. It was 1982.

5. PlayedStation

PlayedStation Possessed like an apostrophe

I remember doing that, it was 1066

Sloth likes this.
  6. blacko

blacko What's a Dremel?

I bought a game because of the box....

Zool

7. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

I would be playing more Android games if it wasn't for the fact that most games do not support my Samsung Galaxy Ace even though its processor is more than capable of playing anything purely 2D based. Forget 3D. Most games are 2D anyways.
    I do no understand why the Play store says my phone is not supported when it really would be able to run a title without much effort. Something seriously fishy going on.

8. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Classic!

I just took one look at this post and hopped straight on Play to get World of Goo which has been sadly missing from my phone up until now.

As the sun set over the last of the hills, one of the Goo Balls seemed to say...
    ...that life sure seemed like a giant physics simulation!

9. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

SSCU Trench Wars is the best thing ever, google it, srsly.

10. SimonStern

SimonStern Registered Lurker

I remember doing that way back too. Back when you could because games weren't so outrageously overpriced. It wasn't much dropping $20 on a game even if it turned out to be crap. I'm not dropping $65+ on the chance I might like a game.

Those were the good ol days, I got quite a few games back then, games I would have never played but I picked them up because the box/description/pictures looked good and they were cheap. I remember I bought Warsong/Langrisser for the Genesis for $19.99 back in '91 or so, just because of the box, and I was just recently playing it again a couple months ago. Now that's value...

Sorry, nostalgia got to me.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i don't understand this fascination of gaming on a phone.

12. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

Because we can't take our PCs to the toilet?

13. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I'm sure plenty of people have their memories of before this time, but it never ceases to amaze me how all of the games I played as a kid (N64, PS1, GBA, etc) are so commonly available in used games shops. Compared to today there weren't nearly as many games! A thrift shop, not even a dedicate games store mind, had almost all of my cherished N64 collection in their used game stock! And some of there weren't exactly big hits, there just weren't as many titles so even the obscure games pop up.

Now my Steam collection over the last five years has almost grown larger than my childhood games collection counting all consoles combined and that's still just a fraction of the games out there! It's magical and frightening at the same time.

Neither do I. I still have yet to install a game on my Galaxy Nexus, doubt I ever will. Makes for some funny moments, though. People will mention popular mobile games and when I have no idea what they're talking about will assume I'm not into gaming! Couldn't be farther from the truth!

Never understood this either. If you're in the restroom so long that you need your phone to entertain you I highly suggest seeing a doctor!

14. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

As a true gamer, you shouldn't miss ANY opportunity to play games! :)

Tags: Add Tags