1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Want a large case BUT should I be going for smaller?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flame696, 3 Dec 2012.

1. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

Right I've got a serious itch to change my case but I want to go for a large case so I was thinking to go for the coolermaster storm trooper or stryker, but the issue I have is that the motherboard I have is mATX. Will this look silly? Should I be looking at down sizing instead of up sizing.

I've also looked at the Lian Li PC-8FI

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

When building a pc, room to manoeuvre is a very preferable characteristic in my opinion. Yes mAtx boards look daft in large cases. The question I would ask is which will last the longest. Case or mobo.

3. Silent_Raider

Silent_Raider What's a Dremel?

Nothing wrong with large cases, as long as you have the room. I have this extremely large case with an ATX board, and it works great for me. Mostly because I put 9 120mm fans on the side :)

4. rollo

rollo Modder

I prefer a roomy case for putting in watercooling items. Pump rads extra fans Ect.

5. flame696

so which one should i get? is the CM storm trooper or stryker any good?

6. Silent_Raider

Silent_Raider What's a Dremel?

Cooler Master Cases are quality. I had the Cooler Master 690ii advanced and enjoyed it until I needed a larger case. Fractal cases are also very good quality. However, they usually don't have as many fan openings. The Corsair 800D is also very good, but a bit more expensive.

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Out of the two I prefer the trooper purely down the fact that black goes with everything. Both great cases though.

8. flame696

i really dont want to go over £130 and i have had all the Fractal cases and i need a change from them. i think i will pull the trigger on the coolermaster now what colour shall i get hmmmm white or black????

edit: ninjd by Tom

9. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Personally I'm a huge fan of small cases, cram as much hardware into as small a place as possible. I've had a Coolermaster Cosmos RC-1000 and a Corsair 800D, both were amazing, but not quite what I wanted.

Tbh though, I think it mostly depends on the style you like, cooling you're having and future upgrades.

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I sway between the two, I get a small case, then want a large one, then go back to a small one..

I think my current V1000 is just about perfect, same with something like an AO5..

It depends if you are changing hardware alot, moving the case, or have an extravagant cooling set-up. If you need mobility, go small. If not, get whatever you want. A Coolermaster case is a pretty high quality thing no matter what size you gun for.

And never go white... I'd say go silver, but everything is black thesedays.

11. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

This.

It looks great on some cars, but just looks cheap on most PC's.

12. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Thats funny I think that opposite, each to their won I guess.

13. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Ive got one of each :)

Having said that i will be selling my lian li A05N because i want to go even smaller than mATX

14. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

Wait for the 900D to come out.

15. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

I've got a cheap case for sale-that is if you don't mind used and being in line if someone else does not want it :)

16. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

It depends what you want, I can't see myself going back to anything bigger than matx for a looong time now.
    But I have to move my pc numerous times a year, if I didn't I may feel differently about it.

17. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

White looks cheap!!! My TJ wasnt cheap and thats white !

18. flame696

Well I've just ordered the CM Storm trooper (black one) after much deliberation. Was going to for the Stryker but thought white will not look right with my red & black theme. Will be ordering the windows panel in the near future

19. mattyh1995

mattyh1995 Minimodder

I have a Stryker. It's a really good case, looks amazing and careless of what the specs say it supports large motherboards. Plenty of room for fans.etc and it's really good to build in. Only grievance is that if you want forward intakes, the HDD cages must be rotated, exposing the SATA cables and other wiring that I'd rather have hidden. Otherwise a fantastic case.