1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D Home System

Discussion in 'YoYoTech' started by Thermolance, 21 Sep 2013.

1. Thermolance

Thermolance What's a Dremel?

How many people do we have using their computer connected to the TV for a 3d home cinema ?

And what GPU are you using ?

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I don't actually think I've seen anyone on here who uses a 3d TV. We do have some resident home cinemaphiles but I don't think any of them do. They can definitely tell you about any other TV setups though!

3. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

3D is awful. I haven't ever heard anyone ask for advice or mention that they use it here on the forums.

4. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I have a 3D plasma (LG 50" somethingorother) hooked to my PC. I haven't used stereo on it since I got my Rift, but it's nice enough for the few stereo 3D films that were created competently. For PC gaming, it's a bit too much of a hassle to get it set up in the first place due to nvidia only supporting a certain selection of 'official' 3D TVs, requiring a mild bit of fiddling to trick the drivers into working.

I've got nothing against stereo 3D [1] but for gaming at least, a VR setup is superior. The same sort of redirectable viewport is not currently possible for film or TV due to the lack of capture technology that would make it possible (some sort of large-aperture wide-FoV lightfield camera, for example) so fixed-viewpoint stereo suffices.

[1] Except for when produced by idiots who don't know anything about the human vision system so **** things up. This includes those who violate the no-separation-wider-than-IPD rule, those who think pop-out is a good thing, those who cut between depth cues, and those who use toe-in because they don't know what a frustum skew is. And 99.9% of stereo upconverts, which is as bad or worse than colourising B&W film.

5. Thermolance

I am using Arcsoft media player and connecting to my 3DTV to watch movies and play games and I must say I find it very impressive. But then I am a big geek for 3D I absolutely love it.
    Just wanted to know how many people were actually using it?

6. The Bear

The Bear What's a Dremel?

3D not my cup of tea but 4K seems worth the upgrade when affordable.

7. Thermolance

Watched the Loan Ranger last night in converted 2d to 3d and I must say was quite impressed, some of the scenery was breath taking.
    Also watched Circ De Soliel at worlds end in 3D and let me tell you that was very awesome. I was left speechless not only because it was in 3D but just how everything was put together. Very impressive stuff

8. renoldscott

renoldscott What's a Dremel?

I don't use it for 3D home cinema.