1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Cheap but good gamepad?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AT0MAC, 28 Sep 2013.

1. AT0MAC

AT0MAC Pirate Captain

Im looking for a cheap good PC gamepad, so no crazy expensive Razers here thank you.

I am looking for something like the Logitech F310, only detail I really dont like about it is its color scheme, any similar good gamepads out there or an easy fix to get rid of the ugly purple?

Painting is not really an option as it will be grabbed and rubbed in a pair of sweaty hands a lot.

[​IMG]

What other options can you think of??

2. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

3. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

4. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

+1 on that.

The shape is much better for me compared to the Playstation style controllers.

5. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yeah, just get the wired 360 pad. £20 is cheap enough, but go down in price further and you get tat.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah as above, can't beat the 360 pad.

7. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

PS3 pad, dpad & analogue sticks in right place for me, 360 feels unnatural at times.

...as well as gaming, it doubles nicely as my PC remote control.

Last edited: 28 Sep 2013
  8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

PS pad used to be great for me when I would spend days on the PS2, my hands must have been smaller then. Now the controller just isn't meaty enough for me to hold properly.

9. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

^^Ergonomics are a personal thing, only way to know for sure is to try out both and see what feels right, I have big hands but the 360 has never felt quite right for me, not so much the size, but the button placements.

& the ps3 pad is almost identical to the Logitech F310 with the added bonus of being wireless.

Last edited: 28 Sep 2013
  10. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

11. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Yep got one myself

12. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Man of your age, that's about the only thing you could use playing games

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

13. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

14. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

Looking at the pic, if Rumble still works it will make a very good sex toy.

15. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Well at your age with your arthritis and dementia you need bigger things to play with like Zima frames :p

16. AT0MAC

AT0MAC Pirate Captain

After giving it a little thought the Xbox look might be best, as the PS pads looks a bit flimsy...
    Have to go and try the designs out soon (never owned a console, except if a Commodore64 counts as one?).

Was looking around to see what alternatives there might be to the original version, and have found the Speedlink XEOX Pro Wireless to look extremely good.
    First of the size and design looks very nice, I like that its rubberised all over and have a small red light.
    Then also the fact that the back side buttons are pressure sensitive in two stages (as in i.e. a car game where it would be brake/gas pedals that can then give half brake/half gas or full).
    On top of that, it supports both standarts, PS and Xbox, so in the case that I find a game that only allows one of them then I still only have one controller to rule them all.
    One more thing, it's wireless, though I might decide to run it wired - just that the modder in me would love to be able to chose the wire I want (say some braided maybe red and nicely long).

Not the cheapest as it costs close to £30, but it ticks all my wishes.

Question: Is it any good???

[​IMG]

17. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Xbox triggers are proper triggers, so you've got a full range, not just on/half/off.

If your wanting it for driving games, get one with proper triggers like the Xbox or PS controllers. You really don't want throttle or brake on a button.

Or do you mean the shoulder buttons? Not sure on half press/full press for them, I would imagine that it'd get annoying and end up with lots of wrong presses, for me atleast.

18. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

MY friend bought one of these a while back and he seems to have very little trouble with it. I had a little go on it and as far as I can tell; the build quality is the same if not slightly better than a standard 360 controller. However for the money I would just opt to buy the 360 controller. They can be found for a bargain ( I got mine in a charity shop for £3.50, no joke!) and honestly? I give Kudos to microsoft for making it so easy to use on windows. It's just compatible with pretty much everything. There are no driver issues.