1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning alu scratch case build!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MR K4PT1V4T3R, 22 Nov 2014.

1. MR K4PT1V4T3R

MR K4PT1V4T3R What's a Dremel?

Hi guys :rock: im new around here but joined as it seems a much nicer group of pro modders & I reckon if anyone can give me any help or advice along the way? its you guys :thumb:

Im planning a new project for in the new year. :D just drafting out some idea's atm.
    but here is my rough draft before I get into the actual detailed design & all the exact measurements etc. its just a rough draft so still lots of details to add, but you get the concept.

[​IMG]
    the chassis is a 2 frame design made all from aluminium
    [​IMG]
    there will bee 2x 360's in the side/front that exhaust & 3 fan intakes in the front.
    [​IMG]
    240 in the top as exhaust
    [​IMG]
    disassembled pieces, the chassis will be riveted together & the outer skin screwed from the inside
    [​IMG]
    the res will be an acrylic up/midplate with 2x 70mm acrylic tubes that are cut down the centre & bonded to the mid/upright parts of the res. all the internal panels will be alu covering parts of the acrylic etc.

now I do have all the tools to do it ;)
    Calipers.... check
    CNC........ check
    Time......... check
    Money....... check
    Skills........ ?????

wish me luck & any criticism or anything, or if you would change anything, pls feel free to leave any feedback or ideas.

now to get that caliper rocking & start laying all this out into flat drawings & tweak/work out the bugs!

:thumb: