1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Alien isolation - I'm not holding on to any hope of a good game!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by johnnyboy700, 8 Jan 2014.

1. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Don't see anything about this here, my bad if I've missed it:-

Sega Partners are planning a survival horror game based in the Alien universe for all formats and appears to focus on Ripley's daughter searching for clues about what happened to her mother, AICN has a posting about this.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65644

After Colonial Marines I don't have any faith that this will be any good, that way I won't be disappointed if it does turn out to be awful.

:sigh:

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Its not Gearbox developing it though, its Creative Assembly who have a decent track record of pretty good games!

RPS did a hands on. Seemed to like it

Last edited: 8 Jan 2014
  3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

why do devs insist on showing off an fps with a joypad? watching this trailer was like watching steven hawkings ****ing about in the dark

4. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Because moving the viewpoint quickly disorients people and makes them focus more on trying to keep up than on what the content is. Cinematography 101.

5. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

A mouse using a low DPI setting would do a better job than the 'man in a neck brace' movement of a joypad.

This game looks pretty scary to me, which a Alien game/movie should be. I hope it turns out to be good.

6. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

Creative Assembly?
    I assume after an hour of horror FPS, gameplay switches to be a strategy game with grand-scale battles between Aliens and marines.

7. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Personally I really am hoping that this is going to be a better than average Alien game. We've had far too few of them and they are always spread out across the different platforms. While this might turn out to be a bit of a copy of games like Amnesia and Outlast, First Person Survival Horror Hide-n-Seek gameplay, I don't think that's such a terrible things because if it's done right it could really be amazing. It's still too early to decide just how much gameplay there will be or what the gameplay will even consist of but from the short bit they showed it could very well be Amnesia/Outlast but in a sci-fi setting that holds real promise to treat fans to things we've wanted from other games but never got.

8. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I have high hopes. It reminds me of playing as the marine in AvP. Absolutely nerve racking. CA has mainly made RTS type games, so hopefully they pull through.

9. NIHILO

NIHILO The Customer isn't always right!

Id buy it.

10. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Hm, interesting.
    From the trailers it looks like this might even come close to the experience of playing the mod Alien Doom back in the day (damn, that was a scary mod! That first Level ... many sleepless Nights.) - which is my personal benchmark for games set in the Alien universe. I'll be following this with interest.