1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Having fun with SLI and Nvidia Surround.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maestro0428, 10 May 2013.

1. maestro0428

maestro0428 Master Modder

I recently tried SLI (again) and am actually having a really good experience. I have been hard on multi gpu setups in the past because of my experience with both sides set ups. Surround just looked too good and the value to upgrade my rig (another 660GTX and three 23" LCDs) was around 600 bucks. That is a good value in my mind, so I gave it one more shot. I did run into issues related to Steam's boot strapper and a reinstall fixed that. Since that one issue, everything I have run has been good and to be honest, it is so fun that it reinvigorated my need to game.

In a nutshell, I want people to give multigpu setups a try IF they are interested in running multi screens. They do have their place, even if they can be difficult sometimes.

2. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

So you saying you have that setup now or what? Not sure what you're trying to say here.

3. maestro0428

maestro0428 Master Modder

Just saying that I have found SLI to be pretty reliable as of late and that triple sceen gaming is worth a try for those who are on the fence.

4. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

I had 2 x 560Ti a year ago. Unfortunately running at dual x8 and that proved to be a big problem when BF3 came along with it's Ultra settings. For games that didn't push the x8 beyond it's limits though SLI was impressive. I remember getting 198 fps at 1080 on Bad Company 2 and that was online play.

Power consumption was up to 620 watts and my PSU is only rated at 625 but Enermax are well made.

Now have just a single 680.

Some games weren't utilising SLI properly. Biggest culprit was Shift 2. That was a year or so ago so maybe that game has been patched for SLI now.

By the way...

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

^^^^ This appears on a daily basis at bit tech forum now.