1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Bummed by an E-Tailer :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thermal5, 10 Sep 2009.

1. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Well I bought a MSI GD65 motherboard at the offer price of £63 from a certain online website that was the only one that actually stuck to the 2pm time to go live with the promo price and along with other items purchased, such as Corsair 4GB DDR3 Ram and a Core i5 CPU and a new case (the total order costing me £313) it appears they have bent me over and shafted me so hard up the a*se that I won't be receiving the motherboard or the ram :(.

When I placed the order dead on the 2pm button (the order apparently went through at 2.02pm) I selected next day delivery at the cost of £9.99 but I thought something was strange (it will make more sense if you read on) when it said that all items had been "Allocated" which means I was successful at placing the order, because at the time I placed the order there were 20+ of the GD65 motherboards in stock on the site, and they only sold out about 2.10pm but I was happy because I had placed the order been successful and had the memory/motherboard/cpu/case allocated to me and verified by E-note that I would be receiving 2 deliveries during the day after from parcelforce but a time couldn't be given, what was strange though is that it said for the memory "Pick in progress" then it said "Track" at the side but when I clicked that there was no information available so it told me and it came up with an error.

Anyway after ringing up the E-Tailer and telling them everything they sent me an E-Mail saying the below (during the time I was on the phone as well they had modified my order in my account so it then said for 3 of the items ordered "Not allocated", funny how that didn't change until I rang up though,

"We are sorry to inform you that the above item(s) is currently out of stock and is not available for dispatch.

Unfortunately we were unaware of this stock discrepancy until your order went through to our warehouse to be dispatched.

Please contact us via eNotes or telephone to inform us whether you would like us to replace the out of stock item(s) with an alternative product"

So after placing the order, being allocated the goods, it turns out the memory and motherboard weren't even in stock even though it was clear that it was when the order was placed and the fact that I'd been allocated the items as well, and how could the memory status be "Pick in progress" if there is none :eyebrow:

As can be clearly seen in the below image I had been "allocated" the items then after I rang up did they change the status to "Not allocated" I found this very unfair and unprofessional and am pretty upset that I ordered all the items in good enough time yet feel i've been robbed of something I had already paid for but were never going to receive, that being the motherboard at the discounted price.

[​IMG]

I don't suppose anyone has either a GD65 or GD80 motherboard they want to sell at the price they bought it? If so PM me as I'm still wanting to upgrade but don't have the funds to spend roughly another £40 more on the next best motherboard which is about £103.

Thanks for reading :)

2. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Have Novatech actually charged and debited your card for the above order?

3. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

It wasn't Novatech mate, it was a certain website beginning with E lol, and yeah they have already taken the money.

4. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Isn't this like the third one of these on here today? Looks like a few of you all got done by ebuyer, shame really as I've never had any problems with them.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I twittered ebuyer CS, we'll see what they say.

13eightyfour likes this.
  6. DK63

DK63 Resident magpie

Ebuyer can't charge you for an item that they don't have in stock, and if they did, you can cancel the order and get a full refund. That's the law.
    Personally, I've had no problems with them at all. Only problem I've had is a gfx card failure, and they refunded me cost price even though it was over 6 months old, as they couldn't replace it as it was discontinued.

7. damienVC

damienVC What's a Dremel?

Look at this thread - if they took your money they should honour the sale.

8. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Lots and lots of people probably tried to buy at the same time, their system may have screwed up a bit.

Have faith, you'll get your mobo.

9. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Unfortunately I won't because they cancelled those items from the order, when I rang them they said that they wouldn't be getting any of those MSI motherboards back in stock as they had been discontinued even though I said they can't have been as several other online retailers still had them in stock, they then said if they didn't cancel the motherboard/memory items from the order then I wouldn't get the rest of the items which are a Core i5 CPU and a new case which have now been dispatched according to my account on Ebuyer.

I'm guessing I now don't have a leg to stand on as without them cancelling the order I wouldn't have got the other 2 items I ordered as they told me those 2 items would just sit there and never be dispatched because the MSI motherboards wouldn't be coming back into stock and the only way I would get the case/i5 CPU would either involve them cancelling the MSI motherboard and the memory from the order (both out of stock due to an error at their end, which they didn't realise till my order had been sent to the warehouse for processing apparently! even though you can clearly see in my 1st post I HAD been "Allocated" all the items in my original order) or cancel the whole order and me having to place a new order just for the i5 cpu and case which would mean I wouldn't ever get the MSI motherboard anyway because they said they won't ever have them back in stock due to them being discontinued :(

The most frustrating thing is I placed the order dead on 2pm and the second I refreshed my screen at 2pm the MSI motherboard (only the GD65, as EBuyer didn't have any GD80's for some reason?) showed up dead on time at £63 so I already had everything else in my basket that I Was ordering, clicked that motherboard and by 2.02pm the order was completed and I had checked out, I was like lightning yet still didn't get one, even though they had 20+ in stock when I placed the order and I was (as previously stated) "allocated" one, sorry for rambling I'm just that frustrated by it all.

And they didn't sell out until about 2.10pm as I kept refreshing the page to see how many were left in stock and I'm almost positive at 2.07pm it said 9 left!

Last edited: 11 Sep 2009
  10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Apparently your complaint was passed onto customer service according to ebuyer twitter..

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Could you PM me your contact email/phone so I can put you in touch with ebuyer customer service team?

:)

<3 twitter. Glad this is hopefully getting sorted!

12. reggie50

reggie50 Minimodder

How can an item that has only just been released be discontinued? I didn't think tech companies did products that where only on sale for 2 hours.

13. specofdust

specofdust Banned

It was a special offer. There were a very limited number of the motherboards, and they sold out almost immediately.

14. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Looks like Scan have it, if I found the right one that is.

15. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Trust me I was on the ball faster than Beckham! They had 20+ in stock when I placed my order dead on 2pm! and they didn't all show as sold out until 10 minutes later, I was definitely successful and "Allocated" one (see 1st post screenshots) they didn't sell out almost immdiately at all.

16. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Looks like E-Buyer have swept this under the carpet, no E-Mail's from customer service team, guess I don't have a leg to stand on now then :sigh:

17. damienVC

You do have a leg to stand on...if they took your money that's a contractual agreement - the fact they can't supply is their issue, not yours.

13eightyfour likes this.
  18. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

The thing is when I phoned them they talked me into cancelling the motherboard order and the memory which was part of the same order because they told me if I didn't then the Case I ordered and the i5 CPU would just be stuck in a loop and never get dispatched so they told me I had to agree to cancel the motherboard and memory order just to get the i5 CPU and Case (because they said they would NEVER be getting the motherboard back in stock as it was discontinued from the time they sold out) even though other websites still sell it what with it being a brand new board and I monitored the site after placing my order and it didn't sell out until roughly 5-6 minutes after I bought one!.

Basically with them talking me into cancelling the order and me saying O.K! just to get the CPU and Case delivered, do I still have a case as I do have the proof as seen in my 1st post that they took my money and "Allocated" me the items and I also have confirmation E-Mail from Ebuyer of the order, that E-Mail was sent to me at exactly 13:02: and 41 seconds on the 08 September 2009 according to the E-Mail I received after the order was placed (but it was 14:02 and 41 seconds) obviously the clock was an hour behind on their server or something?

Below is an E-Note I was sent from them to my E-Mail address and it's also on my account on Ebuyers website

So if I still have a case I will go to the small claims website.

P.S) On a side note they have refunded me the money it originally cost for the motherboard and memory but it's yet to appear in my bank account.

19. damienVC

I'm not sure about that if you cancelled part of the order. I suspect that by doing that you probably don't have a case any more - you could argue that the fact they wouldn't deliver the rest of the order unless you cancelled part of it forced your hand. I guess it depends how annoyed you are - if you're really hacked off with the company then you could splash the 25 quid to make a point, but I think you would have to accept that you might lose as you cancelled part of the order. Bear in mind that the call may have been recorded 'for training purposes' (my a*se) so telling porkies about being put under duress to cancel may backfire. Probably biting the bullet and accepting that their customer service is rubbish would be the way ahead.

20. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

if you cancelled it then i highly doubt your going to win a claim, you should have stuck to your guns, i know i will be if i get hassle from them! mines also comming from ebuyer but im yet to recieve any bad news.