1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Messup on driving penalty again

Discussion in 'General' started by Rhydian, 11 Mar 2016.

1. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Just got my court results back.
    They didn't use my mitigating circumstances or pay attention to my financial outgoings. They fined me £105 on top of the orignal and gave me 3 penalty points.

Had a word with several people form the courts that asked me to reopen the case for assessment because I should've been issued yet again the driving course I should've been issued last year.

Btw does anyone know if I have 12 points because I've been riding for 4 years on full licence but only driving 4 months or 6 because I passed last year for car?

2. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

When you pass your motorcycle test as a "second" license, you re enter the probationary period with only 6 points, on your entire license, so car included.

3. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Ah ok so getting my car licence put me back on probation :(

Not to worry anyways I've been 4 years without incident I just met a guy who is actually meant to be nice on the wrong day.

I don't want to get the officer in trouble but I'm certain if they have to pull the recording because he also lied in his statement that he'd be done.

I understand everyone has there off days and I didn't mind taking a course by the roadside but ffs penalty points at my age for something I didn't do and especially when twice I should've received my driving licence when the court told me that's what I should have got but some mess up I didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

I don't think this is the case. As far as I am aware, this only applies to the first full test you pass, any subsequent tests just act as an additional category.

This is based on me passing my bike test 8 years ago and passing my car test last year. Test instructor advised that it just counts as an additional category on my licence.

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I thought they were discretionary?

6. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

I was actually issued it however I never received the letter for the course. And then in this Summons I was told I should've actually received that driving course again.

My original letter was sent last year apperently but well as is the usual case not sent recorded.

I sent my mitigating circumstances and driving licence recorded so I wouldn't lose track. They sent it back in a pathetic envelope with no tracking.

Because you know, my identity and court results aren't important lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk