1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Were my actions piss poor?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rhydian, 29 Mar 2014.

1. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

History: As most of you know, I've sold a lot of items to members of bit-tech. Generally I have no issues and you guys get the items the next working day.

However with my recent sale City link we're unable to locate the premises and have therefore been unable to successfully deliver the parcel.

I've not only sent nearly 10 messages in last last week to the buyer, but 6 to inter parcel about the delivery, ensuring I get as much information as possible.

Now the citylink have said it's been delivered when it is assumed not to be delivered. I've asked Inter parcel for a full delivery and updated the buyer with the information early in the morning.

The issue: Spreadie quickly told me my actions were "piss poor" as I had not updated the "Thread" to tell all the members about what had happened. And that me being "online" made it impossible for me to have NOT viewed a reply made yesterday.

Why I am I conflicted?: I assumed as a seller that maintaining contact with the buyer was essential, I also assumed that we were all human and we could not see or be everywhere all the time especially as most of us have full time jobs.

I would like to continue selling on the Marketplace, but if the masses think I didn't do enough then I will swiftly remove myself after the buyer has received a full refund.

Thread in question: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=268223

2. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I think if you've updated the buyer on the situation then I think you've got nothing to be guilty or worry about.

3. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I think you have done all you can mate. You have been active on the forum and tried to get this resolved as best you can. Chin up and keep doing what you are doing. I can why Spreadie would be stressed but it's not like you grabbed the cash and closed your forum account. Keep chasing shitty link and go from there.

4. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Makes me feel really guilty, like I've betrayed the buyer.

5. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

You havn't though. You did it all by the book and have all the evidence that you shipped and it has been delivered. You can ask city link for proof of siganture. You did more than many other sellers would have.

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I agree, you haven't. The buyer flagged a problem; you have been trying to resolve it with him. So you forgot to update the thread; what's the drama? Once the case is resolved buyer can simply post it's all OK now.

Forumites can behave like such drama queens sometimes.

7. October

October Mariachi Style

Buyer posted that there's an issue, but didn't feel the need to tell everyone jumping to his defence that it was being sorted out. I'd say that's a lot closer to being piss poor.

8. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

I'm sure he didn't do it deliberately, he posted after sending me a PM that it hadn't been delivered.

9. October

October Mariachi Style

Well either way, you could have both posted that it was being sorted. I'd say the onus is on him for alerting the masses to the issue in the first place.

10. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

If I have any sort of issue in the marketplace I keep it to PMs unless I have any reason to expect the buyer/seller is being deceitful. Thankfully that's not yet happened to me, hence I avoid publicly bemoaning my trading partners for things which are almost always beyond their control.

In this case I actually don't think anyone was really in the wrong, I can see why conclusions were reached without the full picture.

11. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Shirty's right; the buyer simply jumped to conclusions. I don't think you should need to tell the whole thread of the situation, the buyer was kept in the loop and you did all that you could to resolve the situation with citylink. No one was really in the wrong.