1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Black Xbox 360 with HDMI arriving late April?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 21 Mar 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

meh....im happy with my standard premium system thank you.

Also im gonna add my external caddy as extra HDD space when i need it. So maybe with a little help of Black vynal dye ill have a black xbox too!

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea, I don't know why people just don't DIY if they want a black one. It's not like they've changed it and made it shiney.

Anyone else thing April is strangely soon and kind of out of season?

4. kempez

kempez modding again!

Bit of a strange date but I suspect it's as a response to the shiny black thing out Friday.

I am also pretty happy with my white 360.

The 120gb HDD is only useful if MS implement decent IPTV soon and personally I dont have a monitor with HDMI so it's not needed right now

5. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

This could either be a very clever move or stupid. Having integrated HD-DVD would push the standard as the PS3 is hoping to do for Blu-Ray.

Either way, I'll be purchasing a 360 sometime soon, either in black or white. A friend's told me that it's very easy to fill up the standard 20GB.

6. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

I dont see the use of HDMI, sure its for the new fangled DVD formats but with either the Component or even the HD VGA cable im sure the picture quality would be just as good.

I have a VGA cable for my monitor so when i finally get a HDTV it will be plugged in this manner. Same goes for the 120Gig HDD, i'd rather just plug in a external caddy.

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Bindi: Engadget got confirmation from "trusted sources"

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/20/...mited-edition-xbox-with-hdmi-and-120gb-drive/

[

8. UnkleRosco

UnkleRosco What's a Dremel?

I'll believe it when i see it.. and when i do i'll prob buy one.. I just hope to god its quiter.. This "Elite" 360 has been floating around the web for ages..... Fri would be a good day for Microsoft to confirm it...

9. Swafeman

Swafeman Minimodder

Good and bad,

Good, it makes it look better than the PS3

Bad, its only 20$ less and doesn't have BR, wont this put people off? Unless they plan to release a 20GB version of the premium too at a much reduced price, say the price of the current core, with the 120GB at the current premiums price

There just increasing the cost and not hittin the PS3 where it hurts, price, people dont want to pay loads for a console, so making a lower price would be a killer blow (And they can because the 360 is now making a profit on each unit sold!)

10. kempez

kempez modding again!

Ye that's my point. I don't need it right now and even HD-DVD plays through VGA so no problem there. However Blu-Ray is a nice format and is much more supported by Studio's than HD-DVD at the moment so I may need a TV with HDCP and HDMI if I want some nice BR playback. Time will tell

Hell if a 120gb one was shipped with mine I wouldn't complain, but unless I am gonna start needing it then 20gb does me fine

11. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

If only they had released this version at launch. :wallbash:

I really, really, really, really, really want this new SKU (really). Mainly for the fact that it has HDMI and I'll be upgrading my SDTV to a nice 42" 1080p HDTV before the end of the summer. Also, I refuse to paint my current 360 since it has a lifetime warrenty on it (Yay! for owning a 2005 console) and really don't want to void that. I smoke in my house so I've noticed discolouration on my 360 already. Not to mention the fact that I've bitched about having a white controller ever since I bought it (hence why I did the camo paint job on one of my controllers).

An HD-DVD pack-in would have been a better idea though. Even if not included in the system itself but as a matching external unit would help HD-DVD gain back some ground that it's lost this year.

12. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

If you're in the US Walmart having been selling the HDDVD players for $130

13. gimpchimp

gimpchimp What's a Dremel?

Dangit, over in Britain, they are £134.99. £ to $ conversion rate at the moment is 1.9 or so. Brits get screwed again.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

15. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

16. Snaek

Snaek What's a Dremel?

Here's what they should do:
    Xbox 360 "Elite" bundled with HD-DVD $479
    XBox 360 Premium w/HDMI & 120GB HDD $400
    XBox 360 Core w/HDMI & 20GB HDD $300

(Or maybe even drop the prices)

17. UnkleRosco

UnkleRosco What's a Dremel?

If u have a 20gb Drive how to u move ur stuff onto the 120gb one???

18. Robotrix

Robotrix What's a Dremel?

I don't know why people keep saying that... you don't need a bigger hard drive for IPTV; 20Gb is fine. With IPTV you don't download your TV programmes and then watch it, because it's all streamed :duh:. So you hardly need the hard disk space apart from for the software required by Microsoft TV and the odd movie that you might like to download every now and then.

Last edited: 21 Mar 2007
  19. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Not really though. This are very minor upgrades that were possible when the console launched. If I can manage to unload my current 360 for a decent amount, I might just pick one of these bad boys up.

20. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

language boy, language.
    HDMI is good because we as tech enthusiasts know that you don' need a TV to use HDMI, just get a 24", 27" or 30" LCD and one of these:
    [​IMG]
    Still, the only console games I want are on the PS3, and IMHO the XBox looks crap compared to the PS3.

Tags: Add Tags