1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Can anyone recommend me some 2.0 speakers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bawjaws, 18 Jul 2016.

1. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some new desktop speakers as my trusty Logitech X230s are giving up the ghost. Ideally I'd like to move from 2.1 to 2.0 as I don't feel that the sub does much other than take up space under the desk. Usage will be for games, music and movies at quiet to moderate volume, so I don't need earth-shaking power, just clarity. I'd prefer if the speakers weren't enormous. An Aux port would be useful too.

Budget is probably about £75 tops. Does anyone have any recommendations, please?

Thanks in advance
    Bawjaws

2. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

I've heard good things about the Creative Gigaworks T20 before. I've not had any personal experience with them, homever.

3. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Swear by them.
    Awesome speakers for a 2.0 set up.

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Cheers both. I see that Amazon are currently doing the T30 for the same price as the T20 - anyone used the T30s, and if so are they actually any better than the 20s?

5. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Don't know the T30, but +1 for the T20.

I like having a 'proper' volume control, and this makes them that bit nicer than other speakers.
    My JBL Creatures 2.1 have just died, and although the bass on them was pretty good and better than the T20, the silly volume buttons on the Creatures annoyed me along with the lack of an off switch...
    T20 are well balanced and have a pretty good output for their size