1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Xbox 360 Slim Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Modding' started by m0o0oeh, 2 Jul 2011.

1. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong place, and if so, mods please transfer to somewhere more suitable.

I have just had a potentially awesome thought, and I'm putting it up here rather than anywhere else because at the moment its just a plan, there's no money been spent on it etc.

Anyways, my plan is as follows. Assuming what i've heard is true, and the hard drives inside the Slim consoles are SSD's, I'd get a 250 gb xbox hard drive from somewhere (ebay etc), and then strip the casing apart, and pull a spanking new 250 Gb SSD. Now, i reckon this will be easy to complete, and add some speed to my Aspire One once it gets fixed up. I just need to have confirmation of wether the hard drive is SSD or mechanical, and then I can move on and buy the thing.

So, can anyone confirm/deny the SSD rumours? And any comments on wether I'm mad and should look to mechanical drives, or wether SSD's are the route to speed heaven, and I'm potentially on to a winner.

Cheers,

Joe

2. m K o

m K o What's a Dremel?

250gb ssd costs more than than 250gb xbox, so im 99% confident that it has plain old hdd inside it.

3. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Who comes up with such ******** rumours.

4. Idioteque

Idioteque Telephasic Mongoose

I gotta say, you're optimistic! Microsoft don't put anything more than your standard 250GB 2.5" HDD inside though. (with custom firmware, of course, to stop you from putting any old laptop disk in the enclosure and god forbid save money!)

5. lawrencendlw

lawrencendlw What's a Dremel?

I am positive that Microsoft only uses 2.5" HDD's and not SSD's. In fact I even think that they only run at 5400 RPM's. I'll find the one I have laying around here opened and confirm that for you.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk!
    Nathan

6. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Fan boys, and no these crazed beings arnt just young spotty kids but grown men as well.
    Tho I am still confused how they end up believing thier own BS as fact

7. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

So I'm better off just getting a buttload of 250gb hdds from scan or wherever.

Cheers guys.

8. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

has anyone seen the rumor that the next xbox will have 2 quad cores
    thats the biggest load of BS
    first of all they invested god knows how much to develop and bring to market what they call the CGPU
    which is just APU
    so there is no way in hell that they would go backwards for the next xbox
    heck one quad core is hot enough
    but 2 plus a better GPU!!!!
    that thing will be a ****ing oven
    now a possibility if you want to read between the lines
    is that the next CGPU they release will have 8 cpu cores and an updated GPU core
    there is just so much BS out there that it is sick