1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Pope received news of his arrest warrant weeks before resigning...

Discussion in 'General' started by SuicideNeil, 18 Feb 2013.

1. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

2. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

It would be nice if he got arrested etc, but that link doesn't really have any proof of anything.

All the stories point back to this site: http://itccs.org/

A quick look on the internet gives this:

3. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

Good to hear its ********. where did you find this article op and did toy you do any research before sharing it with the internet?

I'm tired of people with a vendetta against religion. I find that of all beliefs, atheists are the most annoying, constantly shoving it down your throats.

4. Malvolio

Malvolio .

...like those in the church do with alter boys?

Bad jokes aside, your claim of those with a lack of belief being the most pushy, most annoying seemingly flies in the face of reality. When was the last time you walked down a street, spotted a bit of badly Xeroxed paper stuck in the cracks of a park bench and read it only to find some poorly written, fictitious, deceitful gibberish specifically laid out to be in support of the idea that there isn't a god? When was the last time you took a drive through a local neighbourhood, passing a local atheist place of worship with propaganda posted to a large sign on the front lawn? How often have you found atheist organisations which are heavily involved in the political process, yet pay absolutely no taxes? Has there been a point in time when, while riding on a bus, an atheist has stood up and condemned everybody riding to eternal suffering because they don't believe the same as them that you've noticed? What about all those atheist television networks, constantly preaching that not believing in a god is the only way to go, aren't they just annoying when all you want to do is watch your soaps?

You know what, I'll make you a deal: stop shoving religion down my throat, and I may consider not pointing at your silly beliefs and laughing, or specifically pointing out the many horrific crimes against our youth perpetrated by those within certain sects of various organised religions which are then actively hidden from the public, the offenders sheltered while those victimised punished and threatened.

Stop diddling the kiddies, stop yelling that I'm going to suffer for eternity unless I believe exactly the same as you, and I may consider treating you or your religious beliefs with some respect. K?

dark_avenger and CrazyJoe like this.
  5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

6. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

Leaflets and tv channels is shoving it down your throat? Shops, nightclubs and everything else all promote themselves, you just have to say no thanks, or ignore it.

man utd have a tv channel, are they forcing you to be a utd fan? Only an idiot would watch those channels, you have the remote.

I know there probably isn't a God, but I am quite happy with religion, it is an important part ofmany peoples lives, and in this age and part of the world it is very easy to ignore if you choose.

7. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

In what way?

I've never had atheism shoved down my throat but I've had plenty of ***** at my door asking to come in and share the word of god with me.

I call them ***** because I work nightshifts so they wake me up during the day despite me telling them not to visit again.

8. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

You certainly can't ignore it if you're, say, running for public office in America...Or Israel, or any other number of countries.

The main basis of atheist activism is that overtly religious countries have both prophesies of Armageddon, and access to nuclear weapons. Religion will be very hard to ignore if an extremist zealot rises to power in any of those countries and fulfills one of those prophesies.

9. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I tend to think that's fairly unlikely because even if they aren't just using religion as a means to ascend to (and stay in) power, religious zealots are still equipped with a survival instinct that tells them it's a bad idea to unleash nuclear weapons.

10. VipersGratitude

...as opposed to suicide bombers?

11. Malvolio

Malvolio .

So your point is that I can just ignore other people if I should so choose to? Well that's your initial argument thrown right out the window then! Thanks for invalidating everything you already said - saves others quite a lot of time and effort, which shows how much you care.

If, according to you, I can very easily ignore all the many various ways that those of a religious bent choose to proselytise through public or private means, then so can you very easily when it comes to the atheistic argument and those methods so utilized in it's conveyance. That is one of them there two-way streets you hear about these days. Thus I would say to you that if you do not enjoy reality or truth in your daily mental thought process, then just simply ignore any dissenters, questioners, comparators of your particular religious viewpoint and please be quiet about it - unless you don't want to that is, which is fine, because you are just another tiny voice in the crowd, easily ignored.

12. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

To be fair, your original statement was in regard to zealots who rise to power. No zealot ever rose to power after blowing himself up in a town square.

To address your point regarding suicide bombers, I wager that it's unlikely for one to strap a nuclear device to his chest. Consider that suicide bombers tend to go after media-pathic targets: a town square, a popular diner, a school. The goal is to not only draw attention, but also serve as some kind of warning or reminder that the leader of the group is dangerous. The point is clear: pay attention to us, we're important, and you could be next. To take a line from the song "There Were Roses," it's also clear that the ones who give the orders are not the ones to die.

So yes, the suicide bombers happily strap explosives to their chests. They do so for various psychological reasons. But the zealot leaders know full well that if they order one of the young intelligent males to set off a nuclear bomb, their rise to power will be extremely short lived. Nuclear fallout drifting across borders may have an interesting effect on relationships in the area.

13. Risky

Risky Modder

away from any question of religion, posting stories from dodgy websites like this is hardly useful. What else can we dig up? Birthers? The Protocols? 9/11conspiracy?

I thought the forum title was "Serious".

Last edited: 18 Feb 2013
  14. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

I could and do ignore people. I do like to be informed of the truth, but people who make paedo jokes at every mention of the catholic church, or think that all conflicts which involve religion could be solved if people weren't religious are short sighted. Take Northern Ireland, I suspect a very small minority of the rioters on a saturday night would be in church the next morning.

If people are atheist - that is not a problem, techincally I am. You seem to forget that people who follow religion do know exactly what it is like to as you say have beleifs preached at them. As you know there are many different religions. Atheist, Muslim, Cathoic, Methodist, no one likes people knocking on their door.

15. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

I don't have to prove that it's legit- you have to prove that it isn't.. :D :worried:

Atheism isn't a belief- it is the exact opposite- please get your facts straight in future. /irony

16. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Those, who believe in god should go read the new testament, especially Thomas and Luke. There's something you probably find most interesting, and it is condensed into this...

So if you believe, then you don't need a church, as god is everywhere you go.

17. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Since you started the thread the onus is on you to begin with a credible source and something resembling an opinion. This is Serious Discussion, not Serious Post Crap With Snarky Comments. If you want to do that, the Demote thread is waiting for you over in General. As it is, all you did was post a link to a tabloid site with dodgy information. If that's your standard for serious discussion, then so be it. I suppose you won't mock me at all when I start a thread with nothing more than a link proving the existence of Bigfoot.

I find it interesting that you challenge lm_wfc to get his facts straight, but have no problem starting a Serious Discussion thread with tabloid links.

This thread gives me a sad.

18. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

I wasn't going to post this in a serious thread but I figure you needed it and... what the hell.

19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Well, that's all the reason you need right there for buying a Nexus 7. :)

But time to move this thread!

20. VipersGratitude

I wasn't talking about an action, I was talking about a mentality...

It's not that much of a leap to go from
    "If I sacrifice myself and all these non-believers in the name of my god, as one of his people I will go to heaven"
    to
    "If I sacrifice my people and all these non-believers in the name of my god, all of my people will go to heaven"

Neither the flag riots, nor indeed the Troubles, were about religion but nationality.
    You would to well to stay more informed :p