1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project Disclosure updated: 08-juli-2014!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by skyrip, 16 Sep 2013.

1. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

hello everybody,

this is the second time i made this topic since the last was littered with false accusations. so that is why i am starting this thread again, this will not contain any of the troublesome pictures that have been showed for a short duration on the last topic.

this topic will contain the projects that i do and will feature mostly custom high end watercooling components. all components are either designed and build by me or just build by me.
    all pictures and designs are mine.

Last edited: 8 Jul 2014
  2. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

first i wil repost the products that gave no problems.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is a hybrid cooler made for mikey for a casemod competition. he came to me with the idea to combine a water cooler with a normal air cooler. at this request i designed a cooler that cools on both sides of the block. this block uses my direct cooling technologie which means it lets the water flow directly over the ihs of the cpu and aircooler. this is sealed shut with a oring to prevent leaks.

3. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

the next project was a mould for a racing steering wheel, this product was not designed by me but just created.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i really love the way you can see how the finishing works.

4. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

next up: a custom designed southbridge blok for hukkel(tim) his server build:

i first started with a mdf model to finetune the mounting holes and clearence:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and now the finished product:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this block was designed and build in 1 day, kinda a personal record :p

before somebody might start complaining, i asked hukkel(tim) if it was alright to post these pics.

5. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Not really false tho...you did show stuff you didnt have permission for right?

Nice work on the SB block tho.

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Let's not stir it up again, OK?

Good work. MOAR!

7. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

My dear boy,i dont stir things up,im B NEGATIVE,the epitome of politeness and respect.

:D

:sigh:

....no...wait....its the other one....

Yeah,im a bit of a tool. :dremel:

8. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

well legally i dont need permission to show products i designed, build and photagraphed, just like samsung does not have to ask ever customer if they can still show a picture of their tv on the internet. but since it is custom work it is more appropriate to verifie if they approve.
    but lesson learned :p

yeah lets not do that again, it will be to much work to start a topic for the third time...

but tonight i wil start posting some pics of the awesome tube reservoirs im working on at the moment.

9. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

ok here is a teaser :p first type of reservoir i have. it is still a prototype so it will be improved :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

moaaare coming up tonight.

10. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

and now as promised the update:

first i have a couple of pics of the dual tube about how it is made and how it came to be. the left one on the picture is the first version, the right is the 2nd version, i currently have version 3 finished and probably i will make a final version 4.(adding extra features like lighting etc.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the endcaps:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now a couple of the dual^2 tube:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this reservoir was a first prototype so the middle piece that switches the the fluids from inside to outside and the other way around was very improvised :p

i have already wrecked the midle piece in a destruction presure test, the reservoir even with its improvised centre piece withstood a presure of 3 bar(1.5x average cartire pressure) and the part that collapsed was the improvised middle piece.

and finally a teaser of the v3 products, these i will show the coming week.
    [​IMG]
    left is a 50mm tube(single) in the middel we have a 80mm tube(single) and right we have a 80mm tube(dual)

more coming up next time :)

11. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

today some more pics of the tube reservoirs:
    this is the 50m tube reservoir.:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and some more of the rest of the series:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hier nog een paar van de opbouw van het 50mm res:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tomorrow more pictures of the reservoirs, also have some nice vids of them :)

12. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

I still have some more pictures of the dual tube, there are a flew scratches on the outer tube but that is being repalced by the shop where i bought them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

just a little bit of red in the outer tube:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

outer blue inner clear water.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and a movie of the dual tube with aurora in the outer tube. love how the aurora comes to life in this reservoir instead of just making a sort of vortrex.

and a couple more pics with the lightsource behind the tube res, outer is blue inner is red:
    it just reminded me of the eye in lord of the rings for some reason :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

i have noticed that my thread is rated at only 2 starrs and i have seen at least 2 people giving my thread a 1 star rating, if somebody does not like my thread i would like to know why bacause than i can change it. i am open to suggestions :)

i have also designed a reservoir with a flow indicator inside:

the ticking in the vid is from the uv light sourse and the middle part is so bright because it is still a iron bar for testing puposus. the rods are uv active and the available colours can be seen in the vid. they are a little bit wrong made bacause i didnt make a guide bar for the other side(to lazy).

the spinner uses a plastic ball bearing for smooth rotation and reduced vibrations.
    the spinner idea i got from Richard Surroz, he showed in public some vids of previous spinner reservoirs. was thinking about it already for some time but didnt know how to implement it, his post on facebook pushed me over the edge to actually build one.

I have already ordered the tools that i required for the final version of the reservoirs with intergrated ccfl lighting so im hoping that i can show you guys that next week or the week after. because i believe all combined it will look amazing :)

Last edited: 22 Sep 2013
  14. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I'm guessing that means he showed you his res made by TribalOverkill?

15. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

yep that was the one, it was in a public chat tough he was asking for people to make one like that.

16. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

i have another few projects to add to the portfolio:
    first up is the project i did for nexxo:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

link to the buildlog: Metaversa 02: Ada

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

^^^ Skyrip's CNC: More awesome than free bacon served with free cheesecake on the side.

18. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

lets not go to far :p it is impossible to beat free bacon :)

the next project is a passive cooler for a msi 280x, there was no fitting full cover block so the owner of the card(named source @highflow.nl) asked if i could make a cheap solution. luckely for him i had all the endmills and material already in stock from previous projects(rest material). so anyhow here is the result:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

to cool it i made an aluminium cover with a 92mm fan hole, this suits a 25mm thick fan, that is also why the cover is so high.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

currently im working on a cpu cooler for ChromAnomaly which i hope to finish in the next 2 weeks. so keep an eye on his log for more information.:lol:

19. ChromAnomaly

ChromAnomaly What's a Dremel?

If you don't post the fluid simulation images I'm going to :)

Been a pleasure working with you so far, and you are more than welcome to post any part of this project you like. Bloody amazing work that you do, and the advice and design tweaks have probably saved me a whole heap of raw materials that I might have wasted otherwise. :thumb:

20. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

Sexy Res. looks great.