1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Win 7 0x80070570 install error EASY FIX

Discussion in 'Software' started by Crazy Buddhist, 2 Nov 2009.

1. Crazy Buddhist

Crazy Buddhist Minimodder

If you just want the solution page down .. it's in this blue :)

New shiny windows 7 disk arrives. :) ...... doesn't want to install ...

keep getting error message 0x80070570 when Windows 7 is expanding files:

Spend an hour googling .. people suggest RAM problems .. I know my RAM is good but spend an hour or two running MEMTEST ...

Then I see a lot of people reduced to trying to install from a USB key .... great .... borrow my neighbours 4GB Cruzer, follow instructions, ... and bork it in the process of not installing the OS.

So eventually I call Microsoft and speak to a very nice lady in India who runs me through a dozen or so workarounds for this .. I'm pressing control +F keys left, right and centre, taking out RAM sticks, disabling EVERYTHING in BIOS.

Always the same thing:

So after maybe two hours on the phone with her she decided to report the issue to the second line team. I'm told they will call me back today as they don't work weekends (all this took place Friday up til now).

EASY SOLUTION:

I don't wait weekends for answers (nor do I usually need to call tech support). One thing we had noticed is that the repair console refused to lauch because it said there was an install in progress. But the support didn't pick up on this and it wasn't until Saturday morning I tried what turned out to be the easiest solution ever.

When you see the error "0x80070570 can't access files" on install click --> OK ---> you will be returned to the "Install Now" startup screen and - WITHOUT REBOOTING - just re-start the install.

Second time round it went smooth as clockwork and installed fine.

I have not tried to reproduce this error as I just want a working system :p

Be interested to know if this easy solution works for anyone else. I informed Microsoft of it when their engineer called today and they are going to look into it. They are aware of the install issue but never heard of this fix before.

Crazy B

2. cmiles69

cmiles69 What's a Dremel?

error message 0x80070570

hi..

tried the solution u placed, got the same issue.. trying it again.. but seems like the same error is coming up.. any other suggestionss.. :wallbash:

3. Crazy Buddhist

Crazy Buddhist Minimodder

Yup ..

My instructions were off. You cancel the install which returns you to the "install now" screen with NO REBOOT then just click install again ...

If that doesn't work then look here: http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/34853-common-installation-problems.html

If the disk is sticking at 62% then a fix has been released (in link above).

Also some people have found resetting the CMOS simply clears the problem.

You might even have a bum disk.

Crazy B

4. hiinhoc

hiinhoc What's a Dremel?

Hi, i have the same problem with installing window 7 on my new pc (custom build) i have try to do everything above but still can't fix the problem. So, if the file is corrupt. How come with the same disc i can install it on my different computer but not to the one i'm just build? Thanks

5. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Have you tried a different DVD drive in your PC?

6. speedman1

speedman1 What's a Dremel?

crazy B you are right, actually i am supporting the suggestion you gave about windows 7 installation error. i faced the same problem and did the same thing that you have suggested here to do.

7. poosplat

poosplat What's a Dremel?

I was replacing Fedora with Windows 7.
    After hours of unrelated problems with my bios, I finally got it to boot from the installation disk.
    I repeatedly got the same error as Crazy B.
    I spent DAYS searching Google and trying EVERYTHING before I found his post. Worked first time.

Thanks

8. PHJ1542011

PHJ1542011 What's a Dremel?

I get this error when trying to do a backup on Windows 7, reason is because the file or directory is corrupted & unreadable. I downloaded a program, Paretologic PC Health Advisor, but following the system scan, it says that I have to register & pay to fix all the problems it found, is there a freeware alternative which can do exactly the same as this program does?

9. thesavo

thesavo What's a Dremel?

Hello all. I see this is still an active thread. Some of you are getting the error 0x80070570 .

I have a wim from a Syspreped Vista SP1. It came from the recovery partition of a Toshiba laptop. I used CTRL +Shift + F3 to get out of OOBE to install SP2 and updates.

I was able to take the original vista sp1 wim, and place it on a Vista SP0 install disc from a Dell Vista 32bit Business cira 2006 Disc . I had the change the FLAGS option in IMAGEX, to fool the installer. I set the flag to "Business" like the DELL wim used. The recovery wim was then tested in Oracle VM. IT work great. The trouble i am running into is SP1 wim works, but the SP2 wim, which i 'captured' 3 or 4 times results in that hex error.

What am I doing wrong? how can SP1 work ok, but SP2 falls on its face @ "Expanding files"?

10. BrianTm

BrianTm What's a Dremel?

Just fixed this :) if anyone is getting this error, follow the solution mentioned here.

11. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

lol, this reads like a dodgy tv ad

12. thewelshbrummie

thewelshbrummie Minimodder

This problem has been bugging me all week with my parent's computer. Having tried different DVDs/optical drives/HDDs, I found this yesterday. Windows installed perfectly 1st time this morning after removing the CMOS battery overnight. Certainly worth a try as changing DVDs/HDDs made no difference (neither did installing from a flash drive).

Should have learned from work - we see the same sort of thing with TVs, unplugging and allowing all electricity to drain from the system works 50+% of the time...

13. cashare

cashare What's a Dremel?

Windows Win 7 0x80070570 install error EASY FIX

Originally Posted by poosplat View Post
    I was replacing Fedora with Windows 7.
    After hours of unrelated problems with my bios, I finally got it to boot from the installation disk.
    I repeatedly got the same error as Crazy B.
    I spent DAYS searching Google and trying EVERYTHING before I found his post. Worked first time.

Thanks

14. AntiquaeCivis

AntiquaeCivis What's a Dremel?

Thanks you!

I have spent two days trying to get windows 7 to install on a clean drive and this is the only trick that worked. Thank you so much for sharing it! :clap:

15. this-IT-guy

this-IT-guy What's a Dremel?

I found a solution

I recently had this problem. Found out that it had to do with the jumper settings. My CD-ROM had the jumper set to master and my hard drive was set as slave (no jumpers). All i did was set both jumpers on the drives as cable select.

**NOTE**I received this error having a setup of 1 CD-ROM attach to 1 Hard Disk and initially having only a jumper set as master on the CD-ROM and having no jumper's on the hard disk (making it a slave).

The Solution to the problem:

1. Take out both drives

2. Remove the jumpers, and place both of drive's jumper settings to CS (cable select)

3.Reinsert and boot up

4.Install windows

5. It might fail half way or at some point and will reproduce the same error message but DON'T restart, just go back through the installation process again.

6. Wait and hope it installs the second time

If anyone is still having problems, let me know

***I'm 100% sure that the jumpers were to blame because I actually try to go back to my initial setup and it failed.

16. tashfan

tashfan What's a Dremel?

:clap: Thank u Crazy B..... It worked 4 me...... Thanx alot....

17. ryanstevens11

ryanstevens11 What's a Dremel?

When I get the error message I get no option to "cancel", only the "ok" button. I tried it both booting from USB & DVD with the same results. My memory & HDD test passed and my CMOS is cleared. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

18. tlkchp

tlkchp What's a Dremel?

Can't Freakin Believe the Easy Fix Worked!!!

19. Strwbry

Strwbry What's a Dremel?

Hi

This does not seem to be working for me.
    Quite annoying actually. Got some more tips?

Realize this thread is a bit old, but all the google references about this error gets pointed in here.

Thanks

20. Strwbry

Strwbry What's a Dremel?

This did not fix it for me :/