1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Best ultra-small projector out there?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NoahFuLing, 5 Aug 2009.

1. NoahFuLing

NoahFuLing What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've had time to visit bit-tech, but the summer before I go to college is nice and relaxing. I'm thinking of picking up a pico- or pocket-projector for college. Now, before you say "Why not go for a nice inexpensive large projector, it'll have better resolution and brightness etc. etc. etc.", I'd rather have extreme portability at the expense of brightness/color correctness. Having a huge projector means I have to carry it around, store it, and keep it safe, whereas a pico- or pocket-projector is easily hideable or stowable in a small safe.

So having looked at what's available/what will be available, I'm frankly stumped by the wide variety of offerings out there. In the pico-projector market, I think the best model (brightest, best contrast ratio, best color) would seem to be the upcoming AAXA P2, given the reviews of the P1 and the previews of the P2. However, if someone knows of a better one, please tell me. The Microvision Show WX is supposedly going to come out soon, with lasers and high resolution and quietude, but who knows, as it has been previewed for years now.

In the pocket projector market, I keep finding new models! So far the best appear to be the LG HS102G (or the AAXA HS102), and the BenQ Joybee GP1, but every time I turn I find a new model.

In short, what do you think is the best pico-projector and the best pocket-projector? Any personal experience?