1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony Ericsson goes moblogging with Google

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 1 Mar 2006.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

Personally, I like the look of the phone, and while I might use it for photos if the camera proves to be half-decent, I'm still Web 1.0 enough to only manually send photos to people who I want to view them.

I don't see the appeal of having complete strangers comment on how cute my pet dog is etc just because I moblogged it for my relatives to see. Plus there is also the cost - until data tarrifs become *much* cheaper, I wouldn't care to be emailing 3.2MP photos

3. quack

quack Minimodder

Nokia's been doing this with their LifeBlog software and Six Apart's TypePad service for a while now (it is possible to use Movable Type if you replace the AtomServer.pm file, I have done this with mine although I don't use it that often). The choice of phone you can get is pretty restrictive though - only 11 phones out of Nokia's entire range support LifeBlog.

I wish they (Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola et al) would offer a better choice of online blog services. Any XML-RPC compliant blog should be able to used, not just TypePad or Blogger. Can't they just add in a simple drop-down menu in the software to switch between the sites or something.

Maybe the take up of moblogging would explode if it were much easier to do. Who wants to be restricted to a small selection of phones by a particular manufacturer because they just happen to support their blog service of choice?

Last edited: 1 Mar 2006
  4. ajack

ajack rox

I can see this phone selling pretty well (I was wondering how long it'd take SE to start branding their camera phones with the Cybershot name); yet I can also see only a handful of people actually using it for its main purpose. I just hope the "upload to blog" button can be remapped to something a little more useful.

Nice phone though, screen is a great size and it looks great too.

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

wait, is that "mo-blogging" (mobile blogging?) or "mob-logging" (???)?
    Quack is right, though, you need more than one option - at least if you could give it a login address and one of serveral common blogging interfaces (Wiki is telling me there are at least a dozen, but they ARE Google after all so I'd imagine that just means a couple extra minutes of work)

6. quack

quack Minimodder

Mobile Weblogging of course ;)

Tags: Add Tags