1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Been vaping for nearly 18 months now and it's kept me off the analogue cigs which I'm more than chuffed about. After starting out with SkyCig and then going to Tornado, Ego, Lava Tube and now Vamo with rebuildable coils and tanks, I'm pretty much fully custom and don't rely on the major branded hardware other than my favourite juice.

Just wondered if any of you vape and if so, what hardware and juice? Care to share some experiences? :thumb:

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Been vaping here since Jan & not smoked an analogue since.

Started with Skycig & now got an ego & ego-v V2 mega (1100ma).
    Currently going thorough a bunch of CE5's & Kanger MT3's.
    Just waiting for my mech mod & tank to arrive in the post before ordering my vamo next month

Last edited: 14 May 2013
  3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

One of my bosses uses one of those vapour things. I don't know if it's normal, but his has a "smoke" like effect or something.

It's funny because he uses it more when he's stressed, and because there's so little airflow around his desk it eventually clouds up just enough to be amusing.

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Last edited: 15 Jan 2014
  5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Screwdriver with 510-T.
    Juice, whatever I mix up.

[​IMG]

6. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Last edited: 15 Jan 2014
  7. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Evic with Kanger Protanks wich I rebuild myself. I've just got an AGA-T2 "Genesis Style" atomiser which I'm figuring out. Very hard to build but I'm getting there. Juice's are OK Smokey GV and Top Cookie Virginia which is a home brew by a guy on the Liberty Flights Forum. Off the fags for 5 month! :clap:

8. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Mech mod arrived.
    Vapes like a beast on an 18350. 18650 has just finished charging so once it cools down I'll give that a spin as well.
    Looks like I need to get an adapter so the clearo's fit. Currently using my new F16 tank on it.

Anyone know if I can use a non flanged carto on on tank without fear of it leaking everywhere? (I've got 5 that I ordered before realising I need it had a flanged one on there)

9. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Been using the Ego-T/C for a couple of years, only smoked a cigar on a special occasion.

I'm a manager at a tech firm in london, and there's been no issues smoking it in board meetings, general office or at the station on the way home.

It's great, never felt better.

Juice - american red from totally wicked.

Truly tasty, using 4.8v LR coils, 24mg 80/20 mix.
    Throat hit gets most of the new comers though, but I tone it back to 3.2v their eyes pop at the experience.

10. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Some nice setups here. I've not tried Kanger hardware yet although the Protank has been the closest I've been to clicking 'buy'. It just looks so god damn slick and I've read plenty of hints to remove one of the wicks for thicker vapour production as the stock setup seems to starve the coil on more viscous juices.

I ordered a direct drip atty yesterday, so going 'old skool' with my fave juices. Vapour production looks mental providing you get the coil setup well. Always used tank systems up to now so I'm quite excited to see how different DDAs are.

11. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Yeah protank is a great piece of kit. Nice easy draw on it and loads of vape and flavour. I found the stock heads to be fine but quickly started rebuilding mine simply because it's so easy to do. When I rebuild the head I do put only 2 strands of wick over the coil rather than the 3 kanger put in. I use 3mm silica in them which is a bit thicker than the stock wick.

Got my Aga-t2 genesis atty working great now. Stainless steel mesh wick rather than silica so the flavour is immense!

12. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I like the idea of Genesis tanks, but don't think I could be bothered with fannying around with the wick. Rolling it into shape, then oxidising by heating/quenching etc.

13. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

It is a massive faff but I've managed to get this one going on the 1st attempt at a wick and about 4 attempts at a coil before I got one that had a stable resistance and was evenly glowing. When I started rebuilding the protank heads with silica wick it took ages to get right and the first 4 or 5 were rubbish. Now it takes a couple of minutes and bang on 1.8 ohms every time. Practice makes perfect as they say.

14. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Cheers for the info Scott. Might have a play soon as Genesis tanks are pretty much rock bottom price now too. They held a premium for a while as they were seen as the 'elite' of vaping but not the case any longer.

Also, received my DDA from TW and I have to say, it's the best vape I've ever had, bar none. Vaping on about 7Watts with Dekang juice is heaven! Plumes of vapour, coil stays fairly cool and the taste is just unbelievable. Don't think I'll be going back to carto's or off the shelf tanks ever again. Now I've tasted this, I couldn't revert.

15. andreinuk

andreinuk Minimodder

Can anyone suggest a cheap starter kit. I'm interested in giving this a go but don't want to spend a great deal just in case it doesn't suit. Also what sort would be best for a beginner.

16. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Ego T with wickless clearomizer. Got three batteries.

Fave vapes are Grape (my all time fave) Blackberry and Candy Floss.

17. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Here's one, you can choose between regular tobacco and menthol sampler liquid.

18. andreinuk

andreinuk Minimodder

Cheers I'll have a look at that.

I had been looking at an eGO V starter kit but they seem to start at about £30.

19. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Lot's of vape-mail recently. Currently rocking my vamo, RBA & pluid.

20. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Radiator Pluid?