1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Banished (Out 18th Feb)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Panomama, 28 Jan 2014.

1. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

[​IMG]

Very excited about this game, been looking for a town builder for ages and this just seems to tick every box.
    Thoughts?

2. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this looks awesome!! Wishlist it is!

3. veryevil

veryevil Minimodder

Wish it had multiplayer! Looks awesome either way.

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Been keeping an eye on this for the last few months and it's an absolute must-have for me. Harkens back to the Caesar titles :)

5. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Looks interesting thanks for the heads up.

6. benji2412

I've really wanted a decent city building game after the nightmare that SimCity was. That game is still a steaming pile of shite as well.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's on early access now isn't it? Has anyone actually played it? City building games are so hit and miss.

This.

And I never, ever play MP, but I'd love to co-op a few hours. Would be fantastic.

Still, I'm gonna buy it and play the **** out of it if it's actually any good. Should be finished with XCOM Enemy Within by then! :rock:

This. I didn't buy SimCity because of everything it turned out to be.

Last edited by a moderator: 29 Jan 2014
  8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Cant find this on Early access so i am guessing not, Only a few weeks away though and has my interest :D

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oh maybe it was greenlight alpha or maybe just pre-order as I'm sure it was advertised on Steam recently. Either way - you're right - I'm surprised it launches so soon!

10. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Just when I though I had some breathing space to play the games I bought in the winter sale, now this? :sigh:

11. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I'm waiting for this, and have been for months. However, I'll need some reviews before I plonk down the cash - despite looking good in screenshots it could still be terrible.

12. benji2412

Apparently it's meant to retail for approx $20 USD. Our expectations are likely to be massive for a city builder, given the recent releases, but it is from an indie dev so I'll support them for at least trying to deliver what the fans want!

I like the style though, as if you're an elected mayor to make sure the people survive until the town thrives. If it's as good as it looks I can imagine getting punched in the feels when one of them dies!

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I was reading through the background of this a few weeks back, the programmer has designed, coded and executed this entire thing himself over the last 3 years.

14. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Now that I know this, I'm most likely going to buy the game, regardless of bugs. The graphics shows us his level of dedication, so I'll buy it just to support the little guy.

Reading this also makes me fairly miffed at myself, as I've wanted to put my own game out there, just always some excuse for not working on it like 'not right now, too busy - next month'. :sigh:

15. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'm definitely going to be investing in this one, nothing beats a classic empire building game.
    I can easily see myself spending hundreds of hours playing this.

Get yourself a pin/whiteboard and put a notice on it as a reminder to do something related to game design/production at least 2-3 evenings a week.
    If you want to push yourself to make a game (or do anything creative on that scale) you'd definitely benefit from a visible reminder, preferably in a location where you often spend a lot of time... that way you have the thought constantly in your mind.

Add an additional reminder on the board with a task to do something specific, you could even set yourself a deadline so you're pushed to get the ball rolling and then if you complete the task give yourself a little reward... don't punish yourself if you fail to complete a task though, it'll make you feel negative about continuing to try.

Talking to existing indie developers will really help as well, go all reporter on them and ask them everything you can think of about their projects and what inspired them to do things the way they did. It's especially useful if you can attend any game conventions as a developer running a booth will be more interested in talking to someone who's taken the time to visit them in person than someone over the Internet.

Also get yourself a good notebook, take it everywhere you go so you can scribble ideas down as and when the come to you.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Flying solo is a lot harder then flying with others as you tend to prop each other up. I've had that issue since coming back from Germany, to combat it I printed everything I could print and plastered 2 walls of my studio with work. its encouraging to see what you've done already and helps affirm that you are going places.

If you can code in C++ I could use a coder on Grandshift™ :) /subtlepimp

17. PauloWhysalli

PauloWhysalli Confused.com

Has anyone seen system specs for this, I'm hoping something fairly basic!

18. benji2412

It's indie so I can't imagine anything too complicated. I haven't looked at system requirements in a long time though.

Last edited: 3 Feb 2014
  19. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

From the steam page

Minimum:
    Processor: 2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor
    Memory: 512 MB RAM
    Graphics: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible card (shader model 2)
    DirectX: Version 9.0c
    Hard Drive: 250 MB available space
    Sound Card: Any

Recommended:
    Processor: Intel Core i5 processor (or greater)
    Memory: 512 MB RAM
    Graphics: 512 MB DirectX 10 compatible card
    DirectX: Version 11
    Hard Drive: 250 MB available space
    Sound Card: Any

20. PauloWhysalli

PauloWhysalli Confused.com

Thanks for that :thumb: