1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft issues Internet Explorer zero-day warning

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 23 Dec 2010.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Fordy

Fordy Minimodder

It's ironic that the only people whom use IE, are the ones who do not know how to deal with such threats.

3. SaNdCrAwLeR

SaNdCrAwLeR What's a Dremel?

it's also ironic that current iterations of IE use such an old version of CSS that most people who fiddle with it are pretty much moving on to CSS3 =X

4. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Who the hell still uses Internet Explorer?

5. No_Na_Me

No_Na_Me PC & water, this can only end well

roughly 55 % of visitors to my site, and alarmingly a high percentage are from the UK.

Opera all the way for me.

6. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

another active x exploit :sigh:

7. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

1500 workstations at my workplace, for some god-forbidden reason our admin seem to think IE 6 is great choice of a web browser.

8. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

Tell him, a guy from the internet nicknamed "aLtikal" thinks he is a ****ing stupid **** :D

9. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

i use ie - but not 6, and would advise anyone to upgrade from ie6 to a later version.

anyway, no browser is totaly secure, so you cant call people stupid for using ie.

10. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

no car is ever totally safe, but you chose the safest one right? and if the safest car(s) also performed better and were easier to use then it's a no brainer right, you'd be stupid for using anything else

11. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

You *do* know that newer versions of CSS don't replace older ones, but merely build on top of what is already there? And here's the big shocker: this doesn't only hold true for CSS! :p

12. cgthomas

cgthomas Cpt. Handsome

Bit Tech do... I'm viewing the website in IE. Gosh some people .......

13. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

who says the other browsers are safer, just because you dont know about the flaws in the other browsers doesnt make them safer, at least people know there are flaws with ie and can take steps to limit the damage.

check this 2008 article it gives an informed view, it is however now outdated, but still to a point applies.

14. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

What annoys me is that I am going to get this patch from windows update even though I don't use IE because if the way IE is tied into Windows. If this were a vulnerability in FF or Chrome, so what, because I don't use those browsers. I don't use IE either, but I'm still stuck with it.

15. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

You can completely disable IE on win 7. Maybe not what you're after but it's a step in the right direction.

16. fozmcfc

fozmcfc What you looking at ?

I still use I.E. had no issues for years certainly since I.E.6 anyway.

The biggest annoyance for me at the moment is when you click on new tab and try to open a page, you have to leave an age it seems before opening up a page on it, otherwise it always opens over the other tab you have open.

17. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

about time MS now report the issue with exploit CSS now i do be leave its been actively used my self, Opera is not affected to this issue

what i find interesting is CSS exploits happening in google search for images as one of my customers was and most likely more, when i clicked on the search result opens the pages then runs an CSS exploit and trys to install fake av software in the background (opera just gets some error when it trys to run it bad code)

18. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

Opera's great but it's on version 11.00 at the minute, so will wait for 11.01 before returning to using it for everything as they always find and thankfully fix bugs in new builds quickly.

I only use IE for Youtube vids and other non-essentials now, but we'll see what v9 brings - not that I'd stop using FF for all the general purpose stuff.

19. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Haha, NO!

My neighbour has just bought a Chrysler Voyager MPV. 40mph collision with a wall = fatal chest injury & lost limns for the driver according to ncap, & the older model which still sold reasonably well it was driver decapitation at 30mph. If it was all about safety first, there would be a lot less brand diversity on the road network.

More accurate, in any event, to compare to our choice of security systems, but what thought to you give to the brand or type of lock on your front door? The majority of users are suffering because of the popularity of their choice, not because it is specifically so much more vulnerable than any other out there.

20. Devolve

Devolve Deadbeat

The difference here is they are getting "functionality" of a people carrier. I dont see any "real" functionality of IE over any other browser. fair enough not everyone goes for safest car, but its usually the something-est. most IE users are just going with whats already there. Either way, any bad choice is usually due to ignorance, car or computer.

Tags: Add Tags