1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB With Boost review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 16 Aug 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

There's sure to be an updtae that allows existing users to upgrade thier cards to boost editions for free too, so long as you don't mind voiding your warranty. Do wonder why this card wasn't just launched at these clocks though. Would be have been much more competitive and Nvidia wouldn't have looked anywhere near as good at 680 and 670 launch.

3. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

DO WANT (a 660ti review).

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Antony Leather, you evil-minded barstool!

You know everyone is waiting for a 660ti review and you throw up a graphics card review to get everyone jumping. You have a nasty streak, young man! ;)

5. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

To be fair I'd have thought it'd be ATI trying to take some attention away from the 660 as opposed to AL being an evil git :D.

6. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

What a mean thing to say. Certainly not the case. At all. No sir. Just a scheduled product re-fresh. oh yes.

7. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

I don't know why you are "Umm-ing" about the price. From what I understand, there is no price premium over the previous reference HD7950 models. It will cost no more. Other sites are saying that this reference model will REPLACE the previous one, not supplement it.

Custom cards will need to be certified by the manufacturers though, so they may choose to not use the new BIOS on their cards.

8. Crunch77

Crunch77 What's a Dremel?

Nice review.

Slightly OT. Shame there is no power consumption and heat graphs for the Radeon HD 7850, despite the remark about no reference card.

9. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Surely something like this is pretty much reference
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-...gpu-860mhz-1024-cores-dual-link-dvi-i-hdmi-2x

Since the 7850 does seem to be the only new gen mid range card out there (so far), it would be nice to see it in the tables.

Tags: Add Tags