1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other VPN for use in UAE

Discussion in 'Software' started by SpeedLegion, 14 Aug 2016.

1. SpeedLegion

SpeedLegion Minimodder

Hello Bit-techers,

I need a better VPN for use in the UAE. Currently using express VPN, but ironically, its painfully slow!

I have a VPN through an academic institution that I can currently use that is very quick and works well... but I'm going to no longer be classed as a student next month so that isn't going to work.

My company also has a VPN, but that doesn't allow me to pretend I'm back home in the UK (and blocks game websites/apps) so that doesn't fill the need either.

Happy to pay for it, and want it to have good security as most of the places I'm staying have open wireless networks only. But critically, i need it to be faster than express VPN has been performing - can't place face-time calls or anything through it out here (my suspicion is the ISPs throttle its use).

I'm not talking tor level security here either, just enough for banking online and fast enough to stream some tv :)

If you have a recommendation but don't want to post it due to the all seeing eyes of censorship, please just DM me.

Keen to know what you guys have used/suggest/think.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I use AirVPN, which ticks all my boxes: port forwarding, zero logging, lots of endpoints, nice and quick. That thar's a referral link, which sticks 20% of what you spend onto my account (but, obviously, doesn't cost you any extra); if you don't want to do that, just head to AirVPN.org and sign up direct.

SpeedLegion likes this.
  3. SpeedLegion

SpeedLegion Minimodder

I actually signed up to the very same last night prior to your reply!! sorry! However, come renewal i shall try and remember to use your link :) seems to work better than express so far... but the internet here is painfully slow :(