1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Which heat monitoring software

Discussion in 'Software' started by Trenthan, 25 Jan 2009.

1. Trenthan

Trenthan What's a Dremel?

Ey guys, not 100% if this belongs in here if not sorry

Im curious to know what cpu, gpu etc software people have found most accurate not 100% but closest, i cant seem to pick one.

Look at my desktop nothing matches its a 10C from lowest to highest

[​IMG]

Ive tried running prime 95 and with 1 ill get 75C and with another ill get 65C just after so the components are already hot and should produce more heat, let it test for the same amount of time and its cooler????? (btw i only ran 1 each time with prime 95 not all, than i tried all and the results were similar to them being ran on their own.)

Any idea's lol???
    Cheers Trent

2. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

The temparature shown depends on the TjMax setting. It should be 100°C for Core 2's, dunno about Core i7.

3. opal

opal Eh?

I think RealTemp is the most accurate

4. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

I use speedfan. Use Orthos or something to hit 100% load until your temps max out, then do a hard reboot, check your temps in the BIOS andd add a few degrees.

Diff the BIOS and software readings then you have a fudge factor to add/remove from the software temperature to get the real temperature.

I find it's all comparative work anyway when tweaking my cooling.

5. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

I usually use hardware monitor, purely because I've found speedfan to be really way off, but hardware monitor is usually consistently slightly on the high side, which is where i'd prefer to be, so I'm more cautious with overclocks.

6. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?