1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress [Cooler Mod] Abstract by AnG3L - Vote & Support a friend!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 31 Oct 2012.

1. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

[​IMG]

I would like to welcome you to my this years entry which is going to be a scratch cooler mod based on Coolermasters V6GT Cpu cooler!
    I am going to improvise once again so expect constant changes and a theme based on abstract art. So lets start!

Here I fully disassembled the cooler. The only part I am going to use is the heatsink and the fans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The main materials that I am going to use with my creation is aluminum and acrylic. Here I use some aluminum angles for the main part which
    is going to connect the heatsink with the custom body. First I created two same pieces for each side but afterward I changed my mind and used only one as
    I changed my original plans!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am using the most simple tools for that creation as I wanted to enjoy this instead of using laser or cnc which I have easy access to them. Back to basics for more modding joy and to showoff my skills!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Testing the holes for the main screws. 100 % success! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Adding the thread inserts for the fan screws.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the top part I used a 5mm clear acrylic piece I had spare lying around which it was already bend too! Also removed a piece from the aluminum part
    for maximum airflow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next I created a piece out of 2mm aluminum for my custom fan holder. Took me a while to cut and file it due to the use of simple tools!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the creation of my custom fan shroud. I used a 1mm aluminum sheet which I bended on a 120mm surface by using a plastic hammer.

[​IMG]

Mark it in order to cut 2 same pieces.

[​IMG]

I draw a 120 mm circle in order to make sure everything is bend properly. I connected the 2 pieces with 5mm X 2cm acrylic which I filed into the desired shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next part is the piece which is going to hold the shroud on the main top part. Simple tools and files were used so it took me a while!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used an aluminum grey spray paint I found accidentally in the DIY store which turned out to be so strong imitating almost powder coating!
    I removed the frame from the fans as I am going to make custom ones. The fan stickers are the same I used for the Future Schlock Project I did in the past.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More parts from acrylic were created for the top part and more will follow!! I also polished the shroud holder instead of painting it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all for now guys, thanks for watching my work, till next update, peace!

Last edited: 11 Dec 2012
    Omoobhs likes this.
  2. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I will continue with the final update and pictures!

I have added some di-noc carbon fiber for an extra touch (haters dont bother cause I proved my self already) and also added
    a red led which can be plugged in HDD Power or activity! Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Waynio likes this.
  3. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Looks astounding! :jawdrop:

4. Razarach

Razarach Minimodder

Perfect. Nice work ;)

5. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

This thing looks stunning... Love the somewhat organic feeling to it, ang3l style. I generally dislike the use of carbon fiber, but this one looks sooo god. And the fan in the back, hanging from above, mmmmm... Very well done, as usual :rock:

6. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Very nice, allthough it would be a total waste in any of my cases during the last 15 years due to the lack of a window ^^

7. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Just wow! :eek:

8. subby

subby Me...just like you...only better

Looks amazing, well done :)

9. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

Beautiful job first of all, second I liked the fact that you used simple hand tools to create your project and did a wonderful job at it. It looks very professional and honestly if you would have not said you used simple tools I would have never guessed it was hand made. I'm working on a current project now but I'm not sure that I am going to post a log as I have log envy from watching you guys with your works of art!.

10. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Good to see you back mate. :thumb: Nice work and a nice little mod. Good luck in the comp. :)

11. KithKhan

KithKhan A dremel is all you need.

That's one of the coolest mods ever!

12. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

GOD I've missed you and your genius modding! :thumb:

13. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

is there word EPICEST in english?

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

+1 Absofeckinglutely :D:hehe:

Woo hoooo, it's soooo good to see you modding again Alex, my eyes lit up & I grinned like a Cheshire cat when I seen a new project with your name attached. :D:rock::clap:

Mighty fine bit of modding there & trade markably original as always, short but awesome mini project, hope we see more from you sometime soon, you've definitely been missed. :hip::dremel:

Am I ever glad coolermaster decided to do an alternative compo & you couldn't resist. :D:clap:

15. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Very nice :)

16. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Sweet, man! I love it. See, you always do these kind of "organic" shapes - it's never just a rectangular, angled shapes. You always add this artistic touch to those pieces to make it all together unique and original.
    I really like acrylic pieces and I can bet that top bit was hard to polish to this result!

17. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks Kid nice to see you again!

Thanks mate! :)

Thanks bro, carbon was used last minute to give it a little extra touch, guess some people like it and some dont. Also one guy attacked me on FB lol crazy things going on! :p

Dremel - acrylic = done! :) Thanks mate!

Thanks!! :)

Thanks man! :)

Simple tools and things I had laying around due to lack of money but I managed to finished it by actually buying only a primer! ;) Thanks bro! :)

Thanks Attila my friend always nice and honored to hear from you!! :D

Wow thanks mate! :thumb:

I ve missed you too you bald crazy bas!#$% :p Thanks brah! :rock:

We will make this an official word! :) Thanks man! :thumb:

If there was an award for commenting it will actually had your name bro something like "Wayne's Awards" !! Thanks brother I always appreciate your presence and comments! Dont think that I will be modding any time soon, this was just something to enjoy and fill my empty time!! :)

Thanks!! :D

18. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Nice to hear from you mate!! Yeah you are right organic shapes, crazy ideas and polishing was a little harsh even though I had more more difficult projects in the past (Synthetica!) Thanks for being here and commenting bro!! :)

19. dmcgrath

dmcgrath Master of Pancakes

Alex, thanks for opening up that box and showing us where you keep your amazing brain!

Can a cooler be nominated for MOTM? I think you deserve it.

20. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Alex, you have taken a part not many people bother modding and turned it in to a master piece, loooks absolutely brilliant mate...top moding