1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News iPhone in the UK: O2, £269 and coming in November

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 18 Sep 2007.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. quack

quack Minimodder

Pay for a phone, on top of an 18 month contract? What a novel concept.

3. naokaji

naokaji whatever

thats complete ripoff... really..

pay for the phone... + get forced into an overpriced contract... they should be jailed for robbery.

4. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

cheaper than I thought it would be but still a ripoff. The iPonce crew will love it though, but they'd buy iShit

5. naokaji

naokaji whatever

wrong.. i wanted an iphone... until i've seen the price for the contracts your forced into to get one... so atleast one person wont buy one (me)..

but seeing how many they claim to have sold allready it seems as ther are indeed poeple who dont mind getting robbed.

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I pay £35 a month for my contract with Orange, but i have a better phone, which i didn't have to pay for. There will be those who will be willing to get it, and pay for it, but it is a rip off if you ask me.

Sam

7. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

In fairness the contract could be worse, £35pm for 200 mins/txts and unlimited data (including hotspots) isn't that bad a deal. Then of you minus the £200 of an iPod touch your paying £70 for the phone which is similar to a lot of similar-ish smartphones. But, it doesn't have 3G which is teh suck.

Last edited: 18 Sep 2007
  8. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

too big for a phone, not enough memory as a video ipod...no thank you, I'll have the K850i please.

9. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Your £35 a month goes much further on any other contract than this 200mins and 200txt is very poor at this price, for 20/25 quid you'd getter a better package with any other phone even with O2, its much more obviously subsidising (the already expensive phone), than you would normally see.

10. blackberry

blackberry What's a Dremel?

Think i'll stick with my Sony Ericsson W800i and my 512mb mp3 player, they prob both fit in my pocket, it's no big deal if they get stolen/broken as they are cheap to replace.

Any way i still don't get why people feel they need to carry around there music collections, all i do is make a playlist of what i'm into at the moment and it takes aboe 2 mins tops to put them on to my muvo.

I-Phone = waste of time rip off!

11. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

now im going to have to persuade my GF That she really doesnt need this!

12. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Well, I shall be getting one, even with a 18 month contract. Here's why:

a) 200 mins & 200 txts per month is way over the top for me. I can't get through 75mins & handful of texts per month as it is.
    b) My phones last on average 2 years before being replaced, and they're always on contract (I really can't be asked with pay as you go). So 18 months isn't an issue.
    c) I'll be getting a iPod Touch for free, essentially. One that has a much better screen than that of the iTouch. So it has half the memory? iTouch has no phone, no bluetooth.
    d) I'm an Apple Whore. I admit it freely. Does this make me an iPonce that buys iShit? Nah - I'm not touching AppleTV with a barge pole.
    e) My old 30gig iPod Photo can stay as the Jag entertainment system. The iPhone will be mine. I don't need all my Music at work, and definatly not MrsGOOs - Lets just say her tastes differ from mine vastly...
    f) Oh come on - it looks so friggin cool. :D

13. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

How can they get away with saying unlimited data service and have a fair usage policy of a maximum of 1400 pages a day. That is not unlimited.

I hate this in ISP contracts as Ulmited means there is no limit. All the providers that sell a unlimited service and have a fair usage policy should be finded for false advertising.

Phone and contract is way too expensive. Im not going to pay just under a grand for a phone, i'll have a new Pc instead.

14. naokaji

naokaji whatever

there's a problem....

the 35£ contract basically makes you pay all those minutes and text... if you dont need them your far better off with a cheaper contract or pay as you go.

15. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Still not an issue to me - I have that problem now on my current contract.

As for unlimited - for most people, I would have thought 1400 pages a day was as close to unlimited as makes no odds. I doubt I even do that sat at home on my laptop. I mean, you're not going to be using your phone as your main browser, are you? It's more a case of you need some info whislt your out and about, google it. Or visit a website you just found out about whilst away from home.

16. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

O2 are going to be rolling out unlimited data on all there price plans from the 1st Oct, would it be better to get a Nokia N95, two of three 8GB SD cards or the hmmm iPhone...

17. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Paying that much for a phone and then having to pay high amounts for the contract aswell. Id expect more texts and minutes for that price.

Yes they can say it costs them to pay for the upgrades (EDGE being a downgrade to 3G but hey) to their network, but I don't feel the contract options are very competitive.

18. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

what he said

Waiting for the K850i. Too much money, i never listen to much music on the phone anyway, had a 2GB card in the old one, and only had 5 tracks!! I drive to work and back, so have the car stereo, when at home have the pc.

I think its all just a big fashion statement, "look what i got.."

£35 a month, on T-mobile flex35 can get you more mins and txt!!

Not worth it!!!

19. The Stig

The Stig What's a Dremel?

OMG such a rip off no chance i`m getting one of those now.
    You`d have to be extemely stupid to buy one of those and a shite O2 contract, or have more money than sense.

20. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

I don't see why everyone has there "panties in a bunch", you get screwed over all the time on all mobile phone contracts maybe not to the extent as this one. You get to view 1400 pages a day on your iPhone which is the best deal out at the moment.

Apple products are always expensive, its just like when you think to yourself I want a Mac but then don't want to pay that £200-300 extra when you get an exact same specified machine from other manufacturer. We buy Apple products because the design, look & feel kick ass!

Tags: Add Tags