1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Swiftech launches H20-x20 Elite watercooling kits

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 19 Nov 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

If they are pushing it as an alternative to closed loop systems, they are in for a nasty shock - its about £70 more expensive than a H100 and I'm not convinced it'll offer significantly better performance.

3. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

I'm finding the adverts on this site really annoying - the one's embedded in the pictures.

Is it just me?

4. Ripitup121

Ripitup121 MMMMMMm watercooling....

Seems to be a bit of a middle ground product to build your own loop from an all in one pack, unless it performs better than a H100 it might not even be worth considering tbh.

Dont worry Tony its not just you, those Cod adds are a pain and your not the first to mention it either.

5. tozsam

tozsam What's a Dremel?

not sure about the cooling potential. I have one looking after my CPU, which it barely manages (i7 2600k @ 4.8) let alone a graphics card chucked in there as well.

6. Jimbob

Jimbob Minimodder

Hmm, seems too expensive and complicated to replace a closed loop system and not enough saving or effort to make it worth using instead of a custom loop.

I guess only testing will tell.

7. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Come on let's be honest how many of us were expecting this from them at some stage. But as mentioned before unless it is going to be any better than H100 there is no need in even considering this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

8. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I can't see these really taking off either. If I wanted to build an upgradable system then I would go for separate parts. This might be a more expensive route, but the results would be far greater.

I am a fan of the closed loop systems, but I do wish that they would supply them with Scythe GT's (or no fans at all). Once these fans are installed, the performace is far better than with the standard fans.

9. Bobfoc

Bobfoc What's a Dremel?

Cant really see the point in this.

If you want simple.... go the corsair or other closed loop route.

If you want flexibility.... go the full watercooling route with parts from market wide suppliers.

Paying such a premium for sonething that is kinda in the middle just doesnt make sense.

10. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

thing is, this is almost an entire watercooling unit in one go, it comes in kit form which is important as you can use it to bolster an existing watercooling rig, or as the basics of a new kit...and lets not forget if you have a H100 and want to epand your loop, your options are very limited, with this you could simply add a gpu block or another Rad into your loop
    also users that are new to watercooling will enjoy this as they wont have to worry about tube sizes, compression fittings and all that as everything is included ( and you dont have to opt for the dual unit, you can opt for the triple rad set instead )

Last edited: 22 Nov 2012
  11. icemanTM

icemanTM What's a Dremel?

I love the simplistic look of this kit but I love to tinker around with stuffs so I'm kinda biased to the custom loop :D perception varries from person to person though

12. GRouchon

GRouchon What's a Dremel?

Well I guess you'll have to wait for reviews, but our own tests show this kit about 8C better at equal fan speed in a highly o/c'd system. All it means is that you could run our kit at the lowest fan & pump speed (800 rpm = inaudible) and still beat the H100 running at its lowest (1300 = quiet) by about 2C. But the fact of the matter is, if you do not overclock, or if noise and CPU temps don't bother you, then you do not need a high-end kit, and the H100 will suit your needs just fine, actually a high-end air cooler like the DH14 would also do just fine.

The point of these kits is not so much the performance difference, because when push comes to shove, the performance criteria/needs vary from one user to another, the point is upgradeability: the ability to add devices to your loop and this is at the very core of the enthusiast PC builder community.

Now, to those who prefer to tailor their own kit from various parts gathered here and there either on the basis of looks, performance, price, or what have you, I must admit that a complete kit cannot compete with the fun factor deriving from choosing their own parts.

A complete kit such as this one bundles the very best parts a company like ours has to offer, and aims at the people who do NOT want to guess whether their parts will work well together or not. It has a specific set of features that include top performance, ease of installation, upgradeability, and more, all based on 15 years of experience in manufacturing liquid cooling parts.