1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair H80i review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 30 Nov 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Nice review :D I've been looking forward to this (and your H100i review?) - particularly like the comparison between intake and exhaust.

3. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I'd love to see an H100i and its results. Is there anyway BT could incorporate in to the final score some kind of reflection on the reliability of a companies older products ? I just ask because there are so many horror stories around the web of these all in ones leaking or pumps not pumping etc.

4. GeorgeK

No matter what product you choose there will always be 'horror stories' of stuff dying and taking other stuff with it - PSUs in particular... There may have been problems with some H80s or H100s but, as far as I know, these are mainly new products (new pumps, new tubing, new fans etc) - I don't see that it would be fair to downgrade a new product based on a previous product that possibly only carried the same name (and may even be made by a different OEM)

5. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I get that GeorgeK, but the re branded stuff comes from two different manufacturers (I think) and maybe just a short paragraph highlighting the past record of the original manufacturer and saying if the new product looks like its using the same dodgy parts or not.

I realise its probably not fair to mark down a product on a companies past mistakes I just think some info should be chucked into the reviews about any bad history thats all

6. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Judging a product on the reliability of the previous generation is just crazy.

Of course you will find more 'horror stories' for products online than 'success' stories... I mean who thanks the manufacturer for supplying a working product!

7. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

H100i is tested, review in mere days.

8. GeorgeK

Awesomeness - can't wait :D

I still don't see the merit of referring to a company's previous products - unless you happen to have data on all the H100s ever sold you're just going on internet hearsay - as Atomic has already said, for every 'wow my H100 is working brilliantly' post on the internet there must be 50 'OMG MY H100 HAS LEAKED!!!!!!1111' posts...

9. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I guess you guy's are right, i've just seen a lot more negative stuff than positive stuff mentioned, even here on bit-tech.

10. GeorgeK

Same here admittedly - posting problems online can lead to fixes however. With the H100i there was initially a problem with the fans 'rumbling' at very low speeds but, because people posted online about it, Corsair released a firmware update to sort it within about a week of it being noticed - hats off to them I'd say :)

11. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I'll be waiting for the H60i to come in stock anywhere, need something to replace my noisy air cooler!

12. Redbeard

Redbeard What's a Dremel?

Nobody posts "I bought this product, it works exactly as I had hoped!" on the internet.

13. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I hate to moan but...

25/30 value for a £75 cooler? Ouch!

14. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

How can this perform better than a Corsair H100 on LGA1155? It doesn't make sense. Are you sure there isn't an error somewhere?

15. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

New fans? However I fully expect the H100i to outperform it, so order will be restored.

16. Necrow

Necrow Minimodder

Surely having magnet beside the CPU cannot be a good thing....can it?

17. mikemaher205

mikemaher205 What's a Dremel?

An idea I'd like to see tested is compare the results of this cooler with a Corsair H80 with Corsair SP120 fans attached over the stock fans.

I upgraded mine with said above fans and saw 5-10 degrees knocked off my temperatures, so in my mind a £20 upgrade of fans (and sold the old ones to recover the costs) resulted in simular results to your lab tests.

Also, hate to point it out, but in the first page you talk of AMD fitting... Yet no AMD test results. Any particular reason for this or just lack of time?

18. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Yep - the AMD test rig is broken! I didn't find this out until after fitting the cooler to it though, so I thought I could at least briefly mention the fitting.

19. bakagami

bakagami What's a Dremel?

One thing is certain, the lines and fittings are completely different than the earlier models. We can hope that the problems associated have been addressed if not resolved.

I wondered about that too but I think that magnetism only affects the media, like hard drives & floppies

Tags: Add Tags