1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News LulzSec hacking group disbands

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 27 Jun 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

LulzSec may have disbanded but that doesn't mean individual members agree with that decision. Have they disabled the LOIC (as they like to call it) because that could still be open to abuse.

3. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I think we can all say thank frakk for that. Bunch of idiot kids (if not necessarily in age) who should grow up - if you find an insecurity, let the company know so they can fix it.

Don't understand how they thought they'd get mass support by violating people's personal data and plastering it over the net.

4. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

5. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

I figured it was cause one of them got nabbed by the feds, now they're all pussying out cause their actions are having negative repercussionsand they finally got it through their thick heads that bad **** can and usually does catch up to you.
    I applaud that other hacking group for dropping their dox. the little *******s deserve it. Not so lulzy to them when they get a taste of their own medicine.

6. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

LOIC was a 4chan/Anon thing, not LulzSec?

7. spt

spt What's a Dremel?

Seems to me after reading the pastbin and looking at their facebooks that these kids are victims of a setup. Only my opinion and I may be wrong. Here is the profile of one of them that has left his facebook open:

http://www.facebook.com/drhodesmumby?sk=info

You could argue his actions and responses are of someone maybe trying to cover himself, but would you have an open to the public facebook if you were doing what these folks are being accussed of?

8. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I reckon they were found out - all the police needed to do was look for the house with the thirteen monitors, flashing flights, pumping house music and where the occupants all work in montages.

Having seen many Hollywood films, I am sure that is how all hacking takes place.

9. raxonb

raxonb Minimodder

The announcement must also have something to do with with that kid being arrested last week. Wasn't he supposed to be one of the main people that was part of LulzSec?

10. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

the kid who was arrested last week was also arrested a few years ago too. Looks like he didnt learn his lesson.

Those pastebin logs are probably true, I guess anon has a much "better" group of hackers and got pissed off with this break away group.

I support breaking into systems to make the owners aware (like they apparently did with NHS) but to disclose all the email addresses and personal details of normal every day users its pretty pathetic. it wasn't their fault for the crap security of their service provider.

Sure put "lol" messages on the home pages, boast about your "skills" ect, but don't let out the personal information of millions of people.

11. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

http://arstechnica.com/security/new...laims-50-days-of-mayhem-was-all-it-wanted.ars

12. Bede

Bede Minimodder

LOL :D

High profile is great and everything, but I think they know that if it carried on they really would get burned.

13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Maybe they share it? I know that LulzSec boasted about its power.

14. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

The group disbanded, probably because mom called that lunch is ready.

15. holzj17

holzj17 What's a Dremel?

having an account on my PS3 and being a bit annoyed at the fact that i couldnt get online for ages! im glad they've gone! in fact im so glad i may even pop to the university of salford to pay daniel a small visit to say thanks :naughty:

16. boggsi

boggsi What's a Dremel?

Am I the only one that saw the lulz in this? The only one horrified that this was possible by a bunch of "kids"? It was the wake up call half the internet needed.

If these "kids" are so horribly underqualified then I'd hate to see what the real criminals/governments are up to..

17. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

They are little sh*ts but the song on their web site is awesome.

18. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

"we're disbanding, but it's got nothing to do with Ryan Cleary being charged, Honest, no really we're not worried at all, Bye"

too much of a coincidence, even if they say he was nothing to do with them.

19. IonKnight

IonKnight What's a Dremel?

Firstly made me laugh all these ppl getting angry with lulz to put it simply I found it all very funny and they do actually do good (the companies who got attacked aren't leaving those wholes open). Also oh no your data's been posted on the net lol oh no gotta change ur details now :p (and serves u right for using legit data in the first place).

Boggsi the scary thing about this is that they are underqualified i've looked into the concepts they used to crack these sites and they are pretty much childsplay (not that easy but u get the idea). Trust me you should only be scared if the big boy's come out to play, Yes there are kids that do this for fun but the big guys don't just try and take down the sites they remove them completely (ha and the funny thing is i work with these guys).

I won't say which company i work for but lets put it this way if someone managed to piss off the people i work with that bad you see the whole net go down :p ( I work for one of the large chip manfactureres and those guys are on another level compared with these noobs :p).

20. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

and off they all go to work for the FBI to avoid jail time...

Tags: Add Tags