1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electricity Bills

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Taffy, 24 Aug 2011.

1. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

I have had a notification from British Gas re increased charges for Gas and Electricity on 18th august, last time they did this they "Estimated" the rise charged, and it was only a rough guide as it did not take into account the variations of use. This time to get it right I have submitted a set of meter readings and I suggest that you all do the same so that the bills will be correct :thumb:

2. andyjh

andyjh The Underdog

Ty, I got it too from npower :(

I only pay £20 per month electricity. I'm never in the house :rock:

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Yea I got the raises too a f'ing joke I hardly use any gas and its almost as expensive as the electric go figger

£100 a month electric for me some time's more, gas £80 a month ffs

Last edited: 25 Aug 2011
  4. andyjh

andyjh The Underdog

eeep, I know mine will go up when I start folding more!

5. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Bah, you guys have got it good; I could show you some monster electricity bills that would give you quite the shock! (pun intended)

TSB

6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

We pay £70 per month for electricity and we have no gas so I think it's pretty respectable. My PC in on a lot of the time but I do switch my displays off when I'm not at my desk and little things like that make a big difference - together my displays draw about 150w which is equivalent to the GPU under full load.

7. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

we pay a monthly direct debit, of £94 for combined energy at the moment, we were on £112, but we kept being in credit, so they have reduced it slightly, they reckon we have saved 362kw-hrs compared to last year

8. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

Around the £95.00 also. when I was pumping out 350k+ a day that figure went up to £175.00..

9. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

I think we've had this conversation not that long ago ... if you're paying more than £300 per month for combined gas and leccy ONLY THEN will you have 'trumped' me (not sure that's really the right word to use!) :worried:

I truely am 'Folding at Home' .... no rigs at work, so I pay all the utility bills.

Last edited: 25 Aug 2011
  10. standinwave

standinwave Folding in memory of my mum

i fold only at home too and use about 450 kWh a week. I guess have the leccy is folding. scot power is £181 a month and they suggested i pay £280 which i talked down to £220 as it is just an interest free loan for them! anyway, i know why i contribute and what it costs me, so i'm okay with that

11. jondi_hanluc

jondi_hanluc Retired Folder

I've decided to go on a meter diet :D 2000 units a quarter I've decided, which should equate to around £200, plus the new increase. All my folding rigs are now switched off for now :( as I'll go over if I keep folding when the meter gets read in a couple of weeks.

2000 ÷ 90 (days) = 22.2 units a days

I've worked out that my household uses around 12 units a day without folding
    with one CPU rig folding it's around 19, with two around 26 units a day, so I can afford to run one 24/7 but not both, unfortunately I got carried away this month with them both hence why I've stopped. I'll go again next quarter. I'm already getting withdrawel symptons after 3 days but somethings got to give, my enthusiasm has been taking a dent every time the leccy bill drops through the door.

12. One_Box

One_Box Folder of the month April 2012

Folding costs me about £30/month (I have a meter on the wall socket) which is for my account (my hobby).

I've recently fixed the price with EDF till Sept'12 so at least I know where I am for the next year :lol:

13. jondi_hanluc

jondi_hanluc Retired Folder

That's the kind of budget I'm striving for, what do you have folding?

14. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

£30 PCM for 108k PPD is quite tasty, do share!

Currently folding costs me about £20 per month for 40k PPD (once I am running Linux that is...)

15. One_Box

3 X 2600K rigs, 2 @ 4.5 GHZ, 1 @ 4.4 GHz. (approx 500W/hr total)

I may have to come off bigadv soon as my other half has decided she doesn't like them running 24/7 (in the garage) :lol:

16. standinwave

standinwave Folding in memory of my mum

Why is your 'other half' in the garage anyway? What's wrong with the shed? :D

17. Leroyingo

Leroyingo What's a Dremel?

Yeah, whats your other half doing out of the kitchen:D Dont worry mine wont stay their either. What does she not like about them running? Is it just the power thing? Women are strange:wallbash:

18. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I think it is a power thing - my wife doesn't like me revving the car engine because it "wastes fuel" LOL :D

19. andyjh

andyjh The Underdog

She's probably happy to go out and spend money on new shoes and a new dress though I guess?

Hypocrites ey, complain about spending money. They're probably the worst ones for it!

Least our money spending is going towards a long term goal:rock::rock::rock:

20. One_Box

She worries (even though we've never had a problem) about the rigs going on fire overnight. I've installed a smoke alarm :lol: and said I'll install a fire extinguisher

Its funny, she's not concerned about the oil fired boiler in the utility room having a problem though :lol: