1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Pictorial + Video: Circle Square EK-FC670 Block + Supremacy CPU block *IMG Heavy*

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N17 dizzi, 11 Jul 2012.

1. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I wish to share some photos and a small video with those that are interested, of the new style blocks from EK. They have caused some controversy as in, allegedly looking a little ugly or 70's living room.

I quite like them which is lucky as I didn't have a choice! EK have only released the CSQ (Circle SQuare design) block for GTX 670s :)

This is my first time using water blocks on gpus. I had previously played with water cooling some years ago when it was much riskier but for anyone considering taking the plunge, it is much simpler and safer now with so many great guides - such as Bloody_Petes

Blocks bought directly from EK:
    [​IMG]

Packaging included a Slovenian Newspaper at no extra cost:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heatsinks at the ready for the rear memory chips. The evga backplate is rendered useless with the block and I think the heatsinks do a better job anyway:

[​IMG]

Very clear and concise instructions included:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This annoying little feature requires some head scratching with fittings to get a crystal link to work, or your stuck using a FC bridge if you have 2 or more cards:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Card 1 cleaned up ready for thermal pads, I note that evga used some pretty rubbish tim on the 670s. No surprises there!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Went right through putting the block on card 1 without any photos:

[​IMG]

RAM heatsinks installed on the rear of 1:

[​IMG]

Card with cooler/Card with block comparison. One of the best things about having this small pcb is I can see so much of my motherboard now the shrouds are gone. Though the shrouds are very stylish.

[​IMG]

Thermal pads installed on card 2:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Both blocks now installed, I spent quite some time playing with fittings trying to decide the best way to use the multi link adapters:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Supremacy CPU block. Unlike the HF, I had to take it apart initially and change the jet plate to the 1155 version (1mm thick as opposed to .7 stock):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CPU block installed, a little bit easier than the HF to install:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fresh masterkleer tubing. It's stained the uv colour with x1 but isn't cloudy like my last lot.
    I'm considering changing colour but I understand after x amount of months it might cloud anyway:

[​IMG]

First boot and after a little bleeding. To get bubbles out the gpu blocks took some seriously heavy lifting:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lighting switched on:

[​IMG]

Some results. I took the 3770k down to 4.5 and the 670s to stock as smallfft/furmark is a bit beyond worst case scenario in every day use. smallfft is ideal for testing an overclock though:

[​IMG]

Finally here is a very small vid made on my phone.. I wanted to move around the whole case but it looked really shaky and rubbish:

Thanks to all those I've bothered in PM or in threads. This is as finished now as it will ever be. I can't foresee any major changes unless I get a step up from evga :D

2. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

Looks awesome.

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I really don't like the new EK block style. It's a shame really as I thought the old sytle was really pretty :( Aquacomputer for me from now on then...

Looks good though, what fluid is that?

4. law99

law99 Custom User Title

:thumb: That is sweet! :clap:

5. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Very very Nice !!! :thumb:

Good work. :clap:

6. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Thank you :blush:

In person they perhaps look better than in photos. The old style is really nice. I guess its the slightly clouded look that is off putting. Still, I've warmed to it and now quite like it.

The coolant is mayhems x1 red, it goes pink with uv but also stains the tubing slightly pink!

Under light some extra red dye helps it stay darker but I think ill try something else next time

7. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Great work but it really is a shame EK changed the style so much, I can't say that I like them at all.

8. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

The size difference on the cards is incredible.

But damn they are ugly blocks when looking straight at them, the circles just don't do it justice. But as you have said, maybe in time you could grow to like it.

9. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I think they look pretty cool tbh, the older style block designs were all the same and pretty uninteresting.

10. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Quite the split of opinion.

I can see the 70s wallpaper influence and was appalled when I first saw them, but after a week or so I got used to it and now dare I say even prefer them slightly...

[​IMG]

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I really like the frozen style plastic, though not 100% sure on the circles, they don't look bad, its just... why?

The size of the 670's is amazing though! They looks plain awesome!

12. SolidShot

SolidShot Minimodder

i love the colour!

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This!

I don't feel the circles fit too, but still a great clean build!

When is your Maximus V Formula upgrade to use the VRM block? :D:D:naughty::naughty:

The 670s definitely need WCing - the space saving is phenomenal.

14. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

I have the 680 block and the same cpu block but in copper acetal, first waterblocks I've owned so can't really comment but personally I like the look. The FC bridge thing seems a little bit fiddly though

15. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

If they'd put threads on instead of fixed barbs I would have. Otherwise its pointless any annoying as its a completely different tube size...

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea I see your point :( (and secretly agree >_<)

17. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

As pete said, I would have snapped both your hands off for one if it wasn't poxy barbs and a minuscule tubing diameter! Speak to the R&D team!!

The extra slots for a nice fat sound card would have been nice too :)

However, I am happy with the water tank and pump being on the mobo tray with the gene next to it :D

Teelzebub likes this.