1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Update#4 - CaseMod by Lehani - Watered Shadey

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Lehani, 24 Nov 2012.

?

What color shall the Aluminium parts be?

Poll closed 8 Dec 2012.
  1. White

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Beige

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Another Color

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. A dark color? like black or dark grey.

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

Hi Everyone :)

This project is the first from my point :) i have been looking around the forum to find inspiration to my mod. well since i don't wanna change hardware before DDR4-memory hits the streets, i will use my current hardware since my wallet is nearly empty :/
    I have look a lot that the "Project Inverted (pǝʇɹǝʌuı)" and the "Baby Shark Mod" which both can be found in here :):)

i have "stolen" some ideas from the Babt Shark Mod - and my case will be watercooled. also my first Water-system :):) gonna be nice :):)

but i really like the case that Nutman used in his Baby Shark Mod and decided to use the brand of case. i ordered my Cubitek ATX Frozen solid my first Aluminium case :)

my Hardware is the following:

- Asus ROG Rampage V Formula Socket 2011
    - Corsair Dominator GT 4*4GB running at 2133Mhz
    - Intel i7 3930K - running 4,6Ghz
    - Corsair AX850
    - Asus GTX 670 DUCII TOP Edition
    - Corsair Force GS-180GB SSD
    - Corsair Force GT-120GB SSD
    - Lamptron Touch Fan Controller

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Well the this Friday i received my case with GLS from Caseking.de - which i was not trilled about that, the case had some minor damages because i think it had been used before and since there was 1 and half box of screws in the case. :/ well they gave me some discount back since i don't want to send it back and wait another week..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but grap the tools... or grap the shovel :/ i gotta clean my desk before i can begin :)
    after that is on with the MODRight-mat :) i got the case unpacked and what is the first thing a real modder do ?
    (notice pictures of my wife hanging at the wall ;), isnt she lovely :p)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's right - tear it apart :):) i have drilling all the Riverts out and replaced them with real quality riverts straight from www.MDPC-x.com :) nice black ones - you can see the diffrence right? :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The LED's have been drilled out and push forward like the Baby-Shark Mod - minor detail that i really like from the mod. so i sure use it in mine to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

well now is all clear and the non-painted parts are ready to go my workshop(my garage;)) to get painted - they will get primer tomorrow Sunday i hope :)

[​IMG]

i have some packages coming in - and some orders that haven't been placed yet:( they must wait for the new year :) and since me and my wifes are going to Hawaii and Los Angeles at the 18th of December and we wont return before 2nd of January 2013 it should be no problem :)

i hope you will follow my project log on this case :) it wont take 100 years but wont take 2 weeks - i gonna do it my own speed and when the money is there :) but my time line is around 3 months :) due to the size of my wallet :p

Last edited: 24 Mar 2013
  2. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Glad to see you found inspiration in my mod. I'm honoured!

I was going to vote for "White", but then I stopped and wanted to have a look at the colour scheme of the parts chosen - especially the mobo.

But it seems like there's no Rampage V Formula? Some page said there's a Maximus V Formula, so is it that mobo which you are talking about?

Oh, and the Cubitek case I used for Project BabyShark also had scuff marks and scratches here and there, and it came directly from the factory. It looked like a review sample, having had a system installed for testing, but the client claimed it came directly from the vendor.
    If that's really the case, which your findings are also suggesting, Cubitek have a big problem on their hands.

The cases are awesome, but also kind of expensive - and, had it been my own personal rig, I would have been pissed to receive a product looking like that.

However, you CAN remove those marks. Have a look at post #7 in my very first worklog, Project: Nutman, where I describe how to clean up and remove minor scratches from anodized aluminium.

3. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

Nice nutman :) i take a look on that tomorrow :)

well my Mobo is the IV rampage Formula... ;) forgot the I :p

well yes it's an extremely nice case - just hoping that they do it better next time i order a aluminium case... well the color theme is either shade19 sleeving with white or Vanilla sands(beige)
    compared the the color i can get my fluid in.

if it goes well i got a little flip trick for you all in this mod :)

siliconfanatic likes this.
  4. Fonne

Fonne What's a Dremel?

Nice to see another mod from Denmark - Nice looking start :thumb:

5. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

Thanks Fonne :) i will throw a new update up tonight :)

but i am still waiting a my package :/

6. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

Well it's time for a small and tiny update..

i have been busy at home and work - but i still manage to get come casemod done..

i have made ordering list ready at MDPC-x.com - No Compromise but i didn't reach to make the order :( well i hope i reach it tomorrow or in the weekend..

furthermore i have been asking around for someone who can help me make new backplate for the motherboard tray.. seems like i found one, getting a answer next week. the reason for me to make a new MB tray is simply because my plan is to have the "window" side in the opposite of what is standard for the case.(i hope you know what i mean)

I have also been rather busy been planting a order at the danish Watercooling Webshop, Coolerkit.dk
    [​IMG]

which was so nice to help me with my project and became a SPONSOR for me - hi-ya :)

My first:p not much but still very nice :) :) i hope to receive my parts around middle of next week, talk to coolerkit today and he told me 2-3 days they send my package - they are waiting for my last parts :)

yea well i have placed a little order for some water cooling to my project ( Figure the name, heh? - Watered Shadey;)? ) - which will also be my real first water project:clap::thumb:

i have got the time to paint some of the parts with ground color. i have painted some of the other parts to in the color of White.. yes you was reading right - White..
    for this i will use the white Riverts from MDPC-x.com to.
    goes best with the ICE WHITE color from Mayhems that i will use in the system..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well for the Hardware that goes into the case is mentioned in the first post, and modding the hardware? naah i don't think so yet, well the stickers is going to be removed of course. and the fan in my Power Supply is going to be changed.

i am still unsure if i should go and paint the radiators white to?? or the the bracket??

Well this is what i am struggling with these days - i hope to show you more next week :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

( Sorry for the Quality of the pcitures:/ ) hope i can take better in daylight:p - gonna be next update..

7. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

UPDATE#2

Yay another small update for my project..

well as you might notice things are going a bit slow these days, mainly because i are in need of money :D as we all are, but also i miss the last items to the case. i still going around and wait for the back plate to the MB. i hope it comes back this week.

well mean time i have been painting the other parts WHITE - and i am currently waiting for the order i have placed at Nils' Shop, or wait its not a shop - its Nils ;) and i have just today received a package from Coolerkit.dk so now i can start... ohh painting the radiator:duh:

i started a few weeks back, just to do the ordering with a tube and one EK fitting and one Bitspower fitting - just to see the real difference since the price are double up at the bitspower fitting compared to EK fitting.. and after reading Nutman's review, i figured it would be best to use the Expensives one..

but i have order 1 EK fitting more so i will have 2 EK fittings - to use at the EK waterblok at the pump or the radiator..

[​IMG]

well there goes the picture's

Some LED's to light up my case - i might gonna need more :confused:
    [​IMG]

wee my water cooling :clap:

[​IMG]

Hi... ;)
    [​IMG]

can you see it? there.. right behind the bitspower box.. no no to the left side :) yes its a pump - can you recognize it :)? yes that's right - it the pump Nutman made for his project "The Scratchbench" - yea yea i know now the project isn't going anywhere ;) (Nutman must be teased for his slow progress :thumb:)

[​IMG]

After new year's eve i will make an order for the last hardware and cooling blocks :)
    i hope to show you more before i leave for honeymoon at the 18th of december - 15 days for hawaii :) :rock:

happy modding all - until next time :)

8. Nutman

Soooo..... where did it go?

9. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

one guy from my work did know a guy that maybe could remake it for me :) but i'll dont know how fine he will be

10. Nutman

You didn't quite catch my joke there, did you now? ;)

11. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

Bah now when I reed it again;)
    IT didn't go anywhere I throw it away, buut, it was a failed attempt..

I the guy wasn't a fine smith,more of a blacksmith:) hehe..

So I have decided to go the standard way of the case... With minor mods:)

I hope the first weekend in 2013 brings plenty of new updates..

GOOD X-MAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ON THE FORUM FROM ME;)

12. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

UPDATE#3

Yay i am back from my honeymoon now - and time for the update :)

i started out to paint some of my items i got from coolerkit.dk.

i have painted the 140mm RAD fra EK white.. and starting to sleeving some of the cables.

take a look at the pictures ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still got to order one 200mm RAD and paint that - gonna be next month :p

ohh and the sleeving looks nice to i think :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

well guys needs cola :p

[​IMG]

and the end result looks quite good :)

[​IMG]

Well this is what this month will go with, sleeving as much of the old PSU ( Corsair 850AX ) since i will use that in the new mod.

i hope i can get to order my fans so i can sleeve those also :)
    but then there is not much going on this time and slooow progress this month :sigh:

hope you like what you see :) see you until next time :)

( sorry for the bad pictures - phone pictures :/ )

13. Nutman

Looks fine - but I have one thing to say: to me, it looks like you're using your phone to take pictures. If that is true, I strongly urge you to use a camera instead. ;)

14. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Looking good Lehani

15. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

yea on those last pictures i did..:nono: the first ones where taking with my Sony A300 camera.
    will be better :) i promise you:thumb:

thanks, progress will be more ongoing when we reach the next month :)

16. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Roll on February then! :D

17. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

i have the last week read some guide lines for my DLSR camera.. and i must say.. i can really get some nice pictures taken now :) even close up pictures with :D:clap:

which helps me furhter to the project log :) which will be updated in the next week :)

my calculations are wrong since i ran out of sleeving :( doh:wallbash: buut.. well i willl order some more when we reach february..

i hope i can make the last order for the watercooling parts on march 1st. i still have an order book for over 500$ in total.. soo gonna save up..

but i have improved my own skills with this build, and i know this will help me when i gonna start furture projects..

but i wanna thanks Nutman for helping me out with my many questions i keep asking him ;) a huge thanks shall sound from me :)

i hope i can show you all some more and better pictures also :) keep an eye out for an update :)

18. Nutman

Happy to help!

19. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

Very nice start so far, I'm sorry to hear that your case was scratched when you got it. Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to seeing more.

20. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

thanks, well since January and Febuary have been hard to my wallet i haven't been modding that much :(

well the status is that i have moved my hardware into the Cubitek case, and i have sleeved the most cables.. and i ran out of sleeving but i have order some more yesterday :)

so i can get sleeving the rest of the cables.. and i notice the EK RAD was way to thick to been at the top of the case, due to the motherboard. so when i reach the first of march i will order the rest of the water cooling parts i hope.

until then i will clean all my boxes and desk to get more order in my items and tools :)

i might make a switch for the light inside the case and make the hole for the side windows.

since i am in school atm the modding is not my first priority atm. but i hope to get soem done..