1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming F.E.A.R. for PlayStation 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 27 Apr 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Have you got any screenshot comparisons of the dodgy texture problems?

3. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Well, there have been dev comments to the effect of ""While the PS3 has great processing power, it lacks somewhat in memory"" haven't there ? presumably if they kept the level sizes the same they have little choice but to drop the texture resolution (given shared memory ?)

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

Not screen by screen, no.

5. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

that would make sense, given that F.E.A.R. was pretty hard on memory when I first played it on my old machine (I had to drop the textures quite a bit to get it to play originally, replaying it now is a whole new experience with the GTXs)

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

aye, the PC version was a hog on memory -- performance usually died a bit with 4xAA enabled.

7. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

Its just a case of the game being released early on a system... if it were to be released a year from now then the textures and the overall graphics quality would be of a higher standard, its the same case will all consoles: developers need time to strangle all the power they can from it...
    Though FEAR is one hell of a memory hog so it will never be up to scratch with the PC version...

8. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Yeah PS2 is a good example. It will take time for developers to utilize all of the PS3's hardware due to the intimidating hardware setup. It's sad that F.E.A.R. had to fall into the 7 category. I was really looking forward to seeing a game that could harness PS3's power and make it an overall great experience, but that's what happens when you expect. The cool thing about the SIXAXIS is that when you tilt the controller it will angle your view and your gun which I find pretty sweet, but that's like the only thing I have read that makes it stand out from 360. I will just play it on my PC when I upgrade in a few months.

9. fini

fini What's a Dremel?

They've had the ps3 dev kits for as long as they've had the 360 devs kits though, and the 360 version looks better.

10. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

If the PS3 dev kits were released to developers at the same time as the 360, why the hell wasn't the PS3 released at the same time as the 360... the complications with blue diodes and other problems accounted for the last release of the PS3 and the dev kit...

11. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

Am I the only person who thought that the original pc fear was one of the worst games in history?

12. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

Nope. :) But I'm willing to bet we had very different reasons.

Tags: Add Tags