1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 1 slot cooler for x1900/x1950?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SanDmaN, 14 Aug 2007.

1. SanDmaN

SanDmaN Minimodder

Does anybody or have they seen a 1 slot cooler for any of the ATI x19** series? I fancy trying out crossfire in my system but the gfx cards are right next to each other so I have no room for their 2 slot coolers. If they dont do you think there's an easy way to mod a cooler to fit?

2. SanDmaN

SanDmaN Minimodder

no ideas from anyone then?

3. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Sapphire cards for AGP come with single-slot cooling solutions. You *may* be able to salvage a used one from someone, but I know for a fact that the Sapphire cards deviate from the reference design in several places. I don't believe any aftermarket coolers are a single-slot unit.

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

5. SanDmaN

SanDmaN Minimodder

Heyup Alan :D

The cooler will fit but it's a 2 slot not a 1 slot!!, I think there's only the factory coolers on the lesser models that are 1 slot so either I make my own cooler or just wait and get a better card.

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i could swear that zalman designed them to be single slot, so SLI and crossfire was possible with after market air cooling.

7. SanDmaN

SanDmaN Minimodder

Nope. i've decided that it's too much hastle to sort out adding another gfx card so am just gunna leave it as the 1 x1900xtx and upgrade at a later date when DX10 becomes slightly more mainstream.

Tags: