1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays 27" IPS Monitor (2560x1440). Also NRG:IT.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeorgeK, 18 Jun 2013.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Would I be right in thinking that the U2713HM would be the best bet if I was after a 27" IPS monitor that was greater than 1920x1080 in resolution but was also conscious of price? I understand that there are cheaper (well by RRP) options like the Hazro HZ27WC and the DGM IPS-2701WPH but are these not as good in comparison? Also, the U2713H is better as far as I understand it but more money...

Secondly, I'm very tempted by NRG:IT's offerings (which for anyone who doesn't know are refurbished and come with a 1 year warranty) but would like to know if anyone has had any issues with the fact that the warranty is only 1 year (i.e. stuff going bang after 18 months etc)

Cheers!

GK

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

You pay more for Dell because of the build quality and the warranty (and of course the brand) and IMO it's well worth it. Moreover I'd definitely recommend going with NRG:IT as my U3011 from them was absolutely pristine and the service was flawless.

No matter what you buy there's always a chance it'll go "bang" after the warranty period expires (for me it was £750 upfront and 1 year warranty); just forget about it, take the plunge and enjoy the product. :thumb:

3. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

I've bought two Alienware chassis from NRG and found them good both times.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I bought a 24 incher off him a few years ago and it is still going strong. But that does not mean that every one will be as lucky, but I would definitely buy from NRG:IT and because of the build quality feel you will not be disappointed.

5. GeorgeK

Cheers for the replies guys - from memory reading on here they were good. They've certainly been excellent replying to emails (well ebay messages) so far.

Any thoughts on the U2713HM itself?

6. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Its an excellent monitor for the money. ASUS has a similar monitor if you want an alternative one, ASUS PB278Q. The only thing that worries me, is that I am seeing that a Dell (well more LG) is having production issues again, like back in 2008-2009, with some of their IPS panels.
    I don't know if it's been rectified or not.

7. GeorgeK

What kind of issues may I ask? The main reason I'm thinking of a U2713HM is that NRG:IT offer refurbished ones for ~£340 compared to ~£430 new or ~£470 for the Asus...

8. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Cross-hatching is one isn't it? TFT Central found cross-hatching on their review sample but not on their U3014 or U2713H, just the HM.

9. GeorgeK

Fair enough... I had a look on their review of it and they didn't mention anything but maybe they changed it before reviewing it...

10. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

I got a U2713HM from NRGit about six months ago. Still early days I suppose, but I'm really happy with it. I upgraded from a budget 1080p monitor though, so I can't compare to other IPS. No problems at all with me at this point - and the image it displays still impresses me even now, and god how the colours jump out at you. I love the resolution, it's amazing what a jump it actually feels like from 1080p.
    I worried a little at first with it only coming with 12 months warranty, and obviously hope it doesn't go bang after a couple of years, but it really is a great screen. I understand it's not the best monitor going, but it really is very good.

Downside is that it needs a lot of graphics power to have everything on ultra on games like crysis 3.

Oh, and, another thing to know though, the USB 3 hub on it isn't powered, so it's passive peripherals only without an extra powered hub.

11. GoodBytes

Back light bleed issue OR some strange static going on, visible on white (not using VGA) called Cross-hatching

12. GeorgeK

Would that be the sort of thing that showed up straight away (like out of the box) or something that develops over time?

Edit: Also have been given a yes by the OH :D :D :naughty:

13. GoodBytes

Correct with close eye.
    Cross hatching is visible in a specif angle usually. light blue and white are the most visible.

14. GeorgeK

Hey mate

Didn't really understand your last post - sorry. Do you mean that you would be able to spot it straight away with a close eye?

Edit: Am I right in thinking that the U2713H doesn't suffer from this as badly?

15. GoodBytes

No. I mean that cross-hatching effect (diagonal lines visible), is only visible, when you look at the monitor in an angle. I am say just that, so that you know about it when you expect the monitor.

GeorgeK likes this.
  16. GeorgeK

Fair enough... Would this develop over time or be a problem from day 1? Also, which would you suggest from the U2713HM, the U2713H and the Asus?

17. GoodBytes

18. GeorgeK

Cool. If it was you, what would you get?

19. GoodBytes

I have 2 monitor at work, both are U2313HM, one has the problem, the other is perfect.

20. GeorgeK

I presume you mean crosshatching rather than backlight bleed? It doesn't bother you enough to change it?

Any reason that you'd go for that instead of the other two (U2713H or PB278Q) ?

Thanks for all the help!