1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Red Faction: Armageddon announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 7 Jun 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. blood69

blood69 What's a Dremel?

Reminds me of DOOM3

3. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

I remember when Red Faction used to be awesome.

4. Sleepstreamer

Sleepstreamer I modded christmas!

Not interested.

5. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

yeah, me too! I think I'll dig it out and play it again as the only thing I remember is being in the mines and random people running past shouting "Red Faction!" then doing a suicide run!

6. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

It's not just me that thinks it looks crap, right?

7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I hope it's better than Guerrilla was. That game was fun for 5 minutes..until you realised every mission was the same and that the story was almost non-existent.

From the video it looks to be 3rd person still. 1st person would be better. But they have resorted to the massively overused aliens idea.

8. theflatworm

theflatworm Gordon Freeman's Crowbar

Erm, am I remembering this right. I thought the original Red Faction was a lame game that got critically panned, and that every iterration since has suffered from similar flaws...

9. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

The first was amazing, the second was somewhat worse, and then Guerilla, while probably the most impressive, was easily the most boring. If that makes any sense.

This just looks ****.

10. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Don't know about you guys, but I actually thought guerilla was like an ape ;)

Big guns, stompy 'aliens' loaders and collapsible buildings :)

I'm going to hold off watching trailers for the next one, to try and keep things a surprise till I read a review.

11. LJF

LJF Modded

I'm currently playing through Guerrilla. I bought it as a stop-gap solution as my copy of Red Dead Redemption has vanished in the post!!

It lacks a storyline and is repetitive but it's decent fun. Glad I only payed £12 for it though. I'll probably wait until Armageddon is at a similar pricepoint.

12. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Guerrilla is kind of like Assassins Creed (and come to think of it too many games this generation), as in they have one concept (blow things up, stabbing people) then not much else. At all. Granted both of these concepts are a lot of fun, but aren't really full price game worthy imo, as they have pretty samey worlds with nothing else to do in them.

But there were a few moments I really enjoyed in Guerrilla, almost spoiled by the game itself. I'm having fun blowing things up then I get soldiers trying to kill me, and the shooting mechanics are terrible! The solution for me was to just lower the difficulty so that the soldiers were little more than pests and I could concentrate on my demolitions, but the sequel looks more combat orientated. Not really interested.

13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

QFT! RF2 was mediocre at best and RFG, well I've barely played it for 5 minutes; lucky I got it as a part of a really cheap deal on Steam, otherwise I would've been fuming. I loved the feeling of the weapons - they 'felt' nice and meaty.
    The first game was well received but the others not so much.

14. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

bah!

Volition needs to put some pressure on THQ to pry the freespace license free from evil Interplay.
    I am still playing through #2 on a yearly basis!

15. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I loved the first game and imo it never got the credit it deserved. I havent played any of the others and by the sounds of them i dont think ill ever try them.

16. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

I played the original on my PS2 which was a novelty at the time being able to blast holes in walls etc. Never really added anything to the game though, was still a linear corridor blaster but it was good fun. The sequel was a real let down, and whilst I own Guerrilla (thankyou Steam sales!) I can't muster up the motivation to play it, so a new Red Faction - meh.

17. cheeriokilla

cheeriokilla What's a Dremel?

hmmmm thanks but no thanks

Tags: Add Tags