1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Zotac mini-ITX Z68 motherboards to ship in July

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 16 Jun 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Turbobutts

Turbobutts What's a Dremel?

Oh great, the ONE time there's an ITX socket 1155 board with a proper chipset it doesn't have a PCIe 16x slot. This is just stupid.

3. Kamikaze-X

Kamikaze-X Minimodder

yes, it does.

the non 'supreme' version has 16X.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yay! Finally. I mean, I still won't upgrade, but its nice to have the option.

5. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

That could very well be the base for my next computer. Powerhouse SFF cheesecake.

6. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

zotac boards tempt me to build a top end gaming PC in an insanely small case. Then reality hits that I dont have money for that!

7. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Way-to-go Zotac! Great concept. a logical progression from the S755 board that I bought of yours. All I need to do now is to get a minuscule 500W PSU and a discrete water cooling loop, and the dream is complete...

8. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

My fault - used the image for the Supreme - I've just updated the article image to the Z68-ITX WiFi which is probably the more interesting board.

9. Xir

Xir Modder

Z68 has been out for a month...I've been waiting for a MoBo review...Comeon!

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I’m living your dream mate, I have a OC’d i5-750 cooled with a Antec Kuhler 620 and a GTX 570, powered by the Silverstone 600w PSU. All in a SG07.

Its tiny, powerful and silent.

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I've always wanted to build a cute little PC with some grunt.

I'll have to persuade one of my friends that they need a new system!

12. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Yeah i thought that looking at the picture!
    Glad they have a x16. I know the form factor limits functionality but some of the boards i have seen have the most bizzar mish mash of features, its very rare to find what you need in a board.

13. Goty

Goty Minimodder

If you want to use the HD3000 graphics, just go read an H67 review. Otherwise, go read any other P67 review and you're good to go!

14. dunx

dunx ITX is where it's at !

OC-ing isn't likely if the PSU components are as poor as the 1156 version... at 140 BCLK mine died within 8 months, but at least it was swapped out under warranty.

dunx

P.S. Mine ended up in my car...

15. Xir

Xir Modder

I don't know...does the ASUS P8Z68-V overclock as well as the ASUS P8P67 which is priased here in the monthly buyers guide?

It's only 10€ more, and I'd gain the SSD-caching ability for this. sooo (don't care about the HD graphics) :D

Also:
    Why do most websites review the -Pro variant of these boards...hmmm

16. IcyAero

IcyAero What's a Dremel?

I'm planning to buy a new ITX setup for processing photos and little gaming.

So far I've come up to buy;
    2x4GB of cheapest DDR3 1333MHz RAM (70EUR)
    PowerColor HD5770 1GB (85EUR)
    Intel i5-2500(K?)
    (170EUR non-K)

The question remaining is the motherboard - should I buy H67 (as there are no P67 mini-ITX motherboards on the market) or wait for these Z68 so I can allow the 2500 processor overclock itself? I'm not planning to overclock it myself, but hearing information that the processors could overclock themselves a bit is always a welcome performance boost. The budget for the motherboard is max. 150EUR. Also, anyone has experiences with PowerColor - quality products?

My budget for upgrades is 500-600EUR, which I doubt an SSD could fit.

EDIT: I was reading Zotac's website, and apparently the new Z68-WiFi-ITX motherboard (not Supreme) will support memory of "DDR3-2133" - as in 2133MHz?? o_O

Last edited: 26 Jun 2011
  17. dietrying86

dietrying86 What's a Dremel?

If you aren't planning to overclock it yourself, you're fine to get the H67. the H67 still enables the chip's onboard overclocking (TurboBoost as intel calls it) so no problem there. you need a P67 or Z68 board in order to overclock it over the factory settings. For the Motherboard, i got an AsRock H67/ITX-HT from Newegg for like $120 (USD). not sure if Newegg will ship to europe or not, but worth a shot. it's been a great board and easy setup too. i got it as a board to build my system on while i waited on a P67 or z68 ITX board to come out. after a good one does come out, i'm going to use the AsRock board to build a home theater PC.
    (note, AsRock is owned/developed by ASUS, so its basically an ASUS board with different logos and a cheaper price.)

And i would say that's a typo on Zotac's website. DDR3 2133 is available.. but most motherboards don't support it that high. if it isn't a typo, it's pretty impressive on an ITX board.

hope this helps!

My system:

Intel i7 2600k, AsRock H67/ITX-HT, Patriot Sector 5 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD, 64 GB SSD, EVGA 580 SC, Corsair H50 Watercooler, LG Slim Blu-Ray drive, Silverstone SG-07 case

18. Pete Wright

Pete Wright What's a Dremel?

So where the hell is the UK stock then!

Tags: Add Tags