1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crytek: PC is still important to us

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Feb 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

is this a joke? :eyebrow:

Death to consolification !!! Death to holding a button to activate a suit function.

3. kylew

kylew What's a Dremel?

Why are they still talking, and acting like this isn't their own fault? I read this as "PC is still important to us, even though loads of you have downloaded our leaked game". "Despite this unfortunate incident, PC is still very important to us". What exactly would they be saying if it was the console version that leaked?

4. iworld

iworld What's a Dremel?

PC is still the king of platforms! Crysis 2 will look amazing on the pc - the other platforms will not utilise the engine - when the new PS4 and Xbox 720 comes out the PC will have moved ahead - Developers know that PC is still the best!

5. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

As the PR rep walks out the back from the press confrence.

"LOL JK BANG OUT THE 360 DX9 GFX PCFAGS!"

Lets be honest, Crytek FUBAR'd and the PC gaming industry is going to suffer because of THEIR mistake, not ours. We'll get stuck with the DRM and anti-piracy adware until the end of time while Crytek move to Consoles and make DX9 graphics for the next 10 years.

[/hopelessness]

6. Woollster00

Woollster00 What's a Dremel?

I don't know what the hell crytek are fretting about me and several of my friends downloaded the leaked game and all it has done is convince us to pre order the real one... it really is a stupendously good game.

7. Necrow

Necrow Minimodder

[Rant]
    Crytek are getting a lot of flak over this and I don not think it is fair to them.
    Developers know that PC's are always evolving whereas consoles are stationary for their lifetime apart from the odd crappy accessories. Most developers (well I mean studio managers and accountants) see this as an advantage to consoles because they can either use someone else's game engine or create their own and bang out many similar games with different skins (i.e. BFBC2 vsMOH).
    PC friendly developers and studions always look after us PC gamers but must some times rely on consoles for additional revenue. With PC's the continuous evolving hardware and especially the GPU market and GPUs that are coming from Nvidia and AMD are making the 'good' developer salivate at the thoughts of the challenges and quality they offer. Again look at BFBC2, DICE did a fantastic job on BFBC2 for the PC but then EA paid them to reskin it for MOH - good for revenue but not a new experience really for PC gamers.
    IMO it was probably EA that messed this leak up not Crytek.
    PC gamers need companies like Crytek so we enthuasists can challenge our rigs!....Crytek must be admired for the ground breaking games that are FarCry and Crysis. I for one will support Crytek on this one.
    [/Rant]

8. Sensei

Sensei What's a Dremel?

I dont think Crytek will dump the PC platform. Condifering they were one of the first to play around with DX10, admitedly they done a bit of a hash job with it as you needed a ridiculously high spec pc to play the game. Theyve invested time and effort in learning the new technology which tells me they have a major interest in the PC. However, after seeing how stunning Uncharted 2 was on the PC, it sort of shows what a decent developer can do with lesser kit. Its easier to create a game for a console as you dont need to deal with all the major variants you get with a PC, but the end result, when successful is usually superior to any console. Its a matter of pride in your work over money, isnt it?

9. Th3Maverick

Th3Maverick What's a Dremel?

Death to Allegra Geller! Death to eXistenZ!!

10. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

I hope they have traceable signatures inside all their dev/tester game code and they catch the **** who did this.

I think the games industry can learn a lot from the film industry and vice versa with regards securing important IP.

11. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Jeez why all the angst? A copy of the game gets leaked (and for all we know, this could have been an external hack job as much as an internal leak). Either way, something bad has happened and all people want to do is say screw you. Bit harsh.

In fact I'm starting to think PC fanboys are bigger w*nkers than Mac fanboys.

12. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Who cares?
    Regardless of whether it was released secretly or not, consoles are the main stay of any games developer now, and if not, they'd have a bad business model.
    IMO PC gaming is declining, and has been since 2008, nothing ANY developer/publishing house can say to show me other wise.

Crysis 2 on the PC will still sell shed loads..........................................and to be honest, the only way FPS games are meant to be played.

13. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

Are they investigating the leak? I would like to know who done it just so they can stop blaming its "true and honest fans"!

14. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

[​IMG]

15. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

dying to see the game!

16. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Fanboys in general is my problem, some people need to think outside their own box.

I'd like to see the people responsible taken down a notch, and the people that downloaded it once it was avaliable have the same thing happen to them. Why do they deserve a free copy out of crytek? Cracking games is theft at the end of the day.

17. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Finally! I was waiting for someone to say if it was any good or not. Worth a pre-order then?

18. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

19. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

When is the demo being released ?

20. alex101

alex101 Geek

+1!

Tags: Add Tags