bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming > Game Server

Old 15th Jan 2012, 15:21   #1
Tuned#F_A_F
Multimodder

Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.
Gaming laptop for CS:S under 500?

Topic says it all really. I've gone without a laptop forever. Now everyone in the family has one so I'm thinking of getting one for the wife....and by default myself

I'm thinking of spending around 500 on a 15" screen laptop, brand doesn't matter. And I figure it might as well be capable of running CS:S at 1440x900. Is there anything that can handle it at that resolution for 500 or near?

Kev

Always on the lookout for new, casual members...
Tuned#F_A_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2012, 04:03   #2
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
I'd imagine anything can run CS:S nowadays.
i7 6700K|Sabertooth Z170 S|16GB Crosair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz|KFA2 GTX 1080 HOF|Creative Sound Blaster ZxR|Super Flower Leadex Gold 850W|Corsair 780T|HP LP2475w|Speedlink Medusa 5.1|CM Storm Inferno|Windows 10
SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2012, 22:29   #3
Tuned#F_A_F
Multimodder

Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.Tuned#F_A_F is definitely a rep cheat.
Would be ideal if it could run it WELL though, I'm talking 60+ FPS

Old 20th Jan 2012, 12:33   #4
Rogan
Not really a

Rogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
CSS was always processor-bound. You shouldn't have a problem. Stick steam and css on a memory stick and run around currys trying them out.
Rogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2012, 17:39   #5
Tuned#F_A_F
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
CSS was always processor-bound. You shouldn't have a problem. Stick steam and css on a memory stick and run around currys trying them out.
Well I'm glancing at the i5-2430M which seems to be a good balance of speed + value. The HD3000 graphics seem to run CS:S OK; http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-H...0.37948.0.html

As for trying out USB sticks, you've obviously never met the PC World/Currys nerks down in Cornwall. They think you can get a virus on their display models just by waving a floppy disk at them....

Old 22nd Jan 2012, 18:29   #6
Major D
Minimodder

Major D has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Now you see faf, Cornwall makes Norfolk seem sophisticated and that is saying something.
Major D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2012, 22:04   #7
Tuned#F_A_F
Multimodder

Got this in the end: http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy...-Laptop/769428

The HD3000 chip seems OK, I tried it out first on CS:S with an i5-2430M which is basically the same performance. I could have spent another 100 to get the same laptop with an Nvidia chip but to be honest I'd rather have the 100!

Old 13th Feb 2012, 02:06   #8
v1haanDM
What's a Dremel?

v1haanDM has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think one of the dell inspirons would be your best bet kev..should cost you around 350-600 with an i5...css could probably run at around120 fps with a decent cfg file
v1haanDM is offline   Reply With Quote