bit-tech.net

Old 9th Sep 2015, 10:32   #1
meandmymouth
I Mod, Therefore I Own

meandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Problem with 3XS LG135

I've had a little problem with my laptop since I got it in April of last year and it's got quite bad now. Every time I open up the screen, the plastic housing around the right hinge pops out. This use to happen every so often so I wasn't too bothered by it, but now whenever I move the screen the plastic pops out. It's very irritating.

I have contacted customer support (well, my office has. It was purchased by the company I work for) and the response was that physical damage isn't covered. Well it's not exactly physical damage as it has always done this.
My laptop is pretty much only used at work so sits with the lid closed and attached to external monitors, the the screen and lid have not had a lot of use. I don't carry it in every day either so it's not travelling much.

Is there any thing I can do with regards to getting this repaired through the warranty?

Main - i7 3770K, Maximus V Gene, 32GB Crucial, 480 Sandisk Ultra II, 7TB HDD's, Fractal Arc Mini, CM 850W
meandmymouth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2015, 11:34   #2
mark@scan
Technical / Returns Manager

mark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hi,

I am sorry to hear about this problem. If you could please PM me your invoice details I will ask a member of our 3XS support team to get in touch.

Regards
mark@scan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2015, 12:11   #3
meandmymouth
I Mod, Therefore I Own

meandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
So, update on this one.
On the 26th of October I got a quote for the repair cost which was reasonable so I agreed straight away and couldn't be bother to fight to get it covered under warranty. As of today still no sign of the laptop and repeated phone calls to customer service has yielded nothing. Twice they have said they would call back and haven't. On Friday I was told it would be delivered today, which it's not and I'm waiting for a call back now to find out where my laptop is.
This isn't good enough, in fact it's very poor customer service. Delays happen, which I'm fine with, but even after chasing it up I'm still no clearer on when I might get it back. The way things have gone so far I'm not expecting to get the return call today.
This is my work machine so need it ASAP. This is very disappointing.

Main - i7 3770K, Maximus V Gene, 32GB Crucial, 480 Sandisk Ultra II, 7TB HDD's, Fractal Arc Mini, CM 850W
Old 12th Nov 2015, 11:29   #4
LeeP@SCAN
SCAN Representative

LeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Morning,

I can see that you've been speaking with Ben and Sanj regarding this. Your laptop was shipped from the repair centre back to ourselves yesterday. This should arrive back with ourselves today and our teams have confirmed that they will update you once we do receive it.

Professional button pusher... check out my bassy mixes here; www.mixcloud.com/penrar
LeeP@SCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2015, 17:32   #5
meandmymouth
I Mod, Therefore I Own

As of today I still had no update. I tried to call the 3SX support but after 3 attempts (kept getting redirected to the start options) I gave up. I'm currently dealing with the 3XS support through the 3SX twitter account. The laptop is currently being sorted apparently.

Seeing as I've had to chase this up numerous times, go through various avenues to even get information about this, I'd like to know if there is some way I can leave feedback with yourselves internally because this has been a shambles. If I hadn't been chasing things after not receiving callbacks and after two weeks of no information initially, I can't imagine that the laptop would be getting QC'd now.

Old 26th Nov 2015, 10:53   #6
LeeP@SCAN
SCAN Representative

LeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Our feedback link is below;

https://secure.scan.co.uk/web/the-word

Professional button pusher... check out my bassy mixes here; www.mixcloud.com/penrar
LeeP@SCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2015, 13:12   #7
meandmymouth
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Thanks for that.
The laptop is back and working nicely. Looks good as new.
Also, the repair has been done for free so I have to say you guys have made up for it completely.