bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Partner Forums > Asus UK

Old 22nd Jun 2016, 16:05   #1
jimbok11
Minimodder

jimbok11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Asus RT-AC68U - Dropped connection & more

Hello,

Has anyone else experienced issues with Asus routers (this model or otherwise) intermittently dropping internet connection (for me it's every 2-3 mins).

I'm successfully connected to the internet (PPPoE with Plusnet) but it keeps on dropping out all the time.

This leads onto another issue...the firmware was updated automatically but I can't manually install another one (either an older Asus version from their site or Merlin firmware). I get a "Unsuccessful..." message once the .trx file is uploaded to the router.

Any ideas? This is really disappointing given the stellar reviews the router has gotten.
jimbok11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2016, 12:55   #2
David
RIP Tel

David is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'd try elsewhere, fella.

Asus' participation in this forum is piss poor, and has been for a long time.

Main rig - 6700K|Z170|32GB|256GB M.2|500GB SSDs|8TB NAS|980 Ti|3007WFP-HC|Parvum S2.0
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2016, 13:16   #3
Will_ASUSUK
Minimodder

Will_ASUSUK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbok11 View Post
Hello,

Has anyone else experienced issues with Asus routers (this model or otherwise) intermittently dropping internet connection (for me it's every 2-3 mins).

I'm successfully connected to the internet (PPPoE with Plusnet) but it keeps on dropping out all the time.

This leads onto another issue...the firmware was updated automatically but I can't manually install another one (either an older Asus version from their site or Merlin firmware). I get a "Unsuccessful..." message once the .trx file is uploaded to the router.

Any ideas? This is really disappointing given the stellar reviews the router has gotten.
Apologies that you are having issues with your router. Are you connected via 5GHz or 2.4GHz? Also how long ago did you purchase the product? Regards. Will
Will_ASUSUK is offline   Reply With Quote