bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Partner Forums > Asus UK

Old 30th Jul 2016, 12:47   #1
teamtd11
*Custom User Title*

teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.
Asus z170 Sabertooth S - Assist fans never turn off

Hi, Strange issue with my Asus Sabertooth z170 S motherboard. When I shutdown the PC now, the assist fans never turn off. When I power the computer back on I get a anti-serge warning, Bought a brand new power supply but the issue is the same.
If after shutting down I turn the PC off at the wall, when I turn it back on again the next day all is okay, No anti-surge warnings.

I have tried this with a 650W Cyonic by Seasonic AU-650x, and a XFX 1050W power supply.

I have also reset bios to defaults with the onboard jumper.
Bios is the latest version.

Any Ideas? I have no issue with turning off at the wall on a night, its just strange.
Old 2nd Aug 2016, 11:57   #2
Will_ASUSUK
Minimodder

Will_ASUSUK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamtd11 View Post
Hi, Strange issue with my Asus Sabertooth z170 S motherboard. When I shutdown the PC now, the assist fans never turn off. When I power the computer back on I get a anti-serge warning, Bought a brand new power supply but the issue is the same.
If after shutting down I turn the PC off at the wall, when I turn it back on again the next day all is okay, No anti-surge warnings.

I have tried this with a 650W Cyonic by Seasonic AU-650x, and a XFX 1050W power supply.

I have also reset bios to defaults with the onboard jumper.
Bios is the latest version.

Any Ideas? I have no issue with turning off at the wall on a night, its just strange.
Hi,
Apologies you are having issues, have you tried turning off surge detection in the BIOS?
Regards
Will_ASUSUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2016, 12:52   #3
teamtd11
*Custom User Title*

teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.
Hi, Yes turning off surge protection in the bios stops the warnings on boots, and everything seams to work fine.
Am I fine running the machine with this disabled?
Old 3rd Aug 2016, 10:27   #4
Will_ASUSUK
Minimodder

Will_ASUSUK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamtd11 View Post
Hi, Yes turning off surge protection in the bios stops the warnings on boots, and everything seams to work fine.
Am I fine running the machine with this disabled?
Excellent, yes that is fine to run it without it on, sometimes it can be a bit sensitive. Regards Will.
Will_ASUSUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2016, 02:34   #5
TheMadDutchDude
Flying Dutchman

TheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming Saiyan
For what it is worth, I think that it is a compatibility issue with the board and/or PSU. I have the Sabertooth Mark 1 in my current rig (for now) which portrayed a very similar issue to yours. Mine, however, would take anywhere from one to twenty (or more) quick power on/off cycles to just POST with a Corsair AX1200i. As soon as I swapped it for a Superflower 1200w unit, the issue disappeared immediately. The issue was still present, even when the surge protection was turned off in the BIOS. I thought it was just a misfortune on my half, but it wasn't.

I now have the surge protection enabled (because I thought I'd try it) and it has not tripped once since then. I wish I knew more on the matter, but I think it really is as simple as a compatibility issue, which is likely to be down to your board and PSU combo.

The only common thing I notice between your PSUs is that they are both made by Seasonic - XFX uses them as their OEM.
Gamer: ASUS X99-Deluxe/U3.1 | Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Custom CPU Water Cooling | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB | 2x ASUS STRIX RX480 8GB | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 1kW | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass | Win 10 Home | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920
Ultrabook: ASUS ZenBook UX305F
TheMadDutchDude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2016, 10:41   #6
teamtd11
*Custom User Title*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
For what it is worth, I think that it is a compatibility issue with the board and/or PSU. I have the Sabertooth Mark 1 in my current rig (for now) which portrayed a very similar issue to yours. Mine, however, would take anywhere from one to twenty (or more) quick power on/off cycles to just POST with a Corsair AX1200i. As soon as I swapped it for a Superflower 1200w unit, the issue disappeared immediately. The issue was still present, even when the surge protection was turned off in the BIOS. I thought it was just a misfortune on my half, but it wasn't.

I now have the surge protection enabled (because I thought I'd try it) and it has not tripped once since then. I wish I knew more on the matter, but I think it really is as simple as a compatibility issue, which is likely to be down to your board and PSU combo.

The only common thing I notice between your PSUs is that they are both made by Seasonic - XFX uses them as their OEM.
Thanks for this. I still see the issue with the PC needing to be turned off at the wall to stop the assist fans spinning. This could be it as everything was fine with a corsair TX750 but it was the loudest thing in the PC. So I swapped it out.
Time to start selling these power supplies