bit-tech.net

Old 6th Sep 2016, 18:29   #1
phuzz
This is a title

phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
No response to RMA request

So, back on 17th August I ordered a bunch of stuff from Scan, including a new motherboard (66180 ASRock Z170 Extreme4).
When it arrived, I had to wait a few days for the RAM to arrive separately, but when I set the system up I couldn't get the on-board sound to work. I tried a bunch of different fixes, including booting off a linux USB stick, but couldn't get it to work. I also tried upgrading the BIOS but still no joy.
So I opened an RMA request (Query 1655422 - {1A3417C0-7700-4B9E-9CAE-8E11887E0904}) and got the following response:

Quote:
Hi,

Sorry to hear the problems you're having, Before we raise a returns number please try updating the bios to the latest version to see if this resolves the issue or not.

Regards,

Gareth
Scan Computers
I replied saying that I had indeed tried a newer BIOS release, but I've not heard anything back since that day (30th August), despite a couple of emails.

Would someone please reply to my RMA request (even if it's to say "no").
phuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2016, 01:08   #2
modd1uk
Mod Master

modd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You're entitled to reject it under whatever the DSR/Sales of goods act is nowadays if they refuse to swap it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Halfacree View Post
There you are, then! Buy 100, take two, eBay a bundle of 98 at 70% the price of the 100-bag bundles, spend the profit on ale and whores.
modd1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2016, 12:15   #3
phuzz
This is a title

phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.phuzz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
They've not rejected it (yet), they've just stopped communicating.
Old 8th Sep 2016, 18:40   #4
phuzz
This is a title

They did get back to me, aparently they've got a bit of a backlog of RMAs at the moment.
Now I just have to work out what I'm going to do for the 5-7 days I'll be without a motherboard